Where are you, Jay Bennett? - the documentary Kickstarter campaign

I am very proud to announce that I have come onboard as co-director/co-producer on a documentary about a musician who was very much a part of my three favorite albums from a band I love beyond words. That band is Wilco. The musician in question is the amazing Jay Bennett. And the film is called "Where are you, Jay Bennett?" Our Kickstarter is now live. You can read all about it here. Then please watch the trailer, support the project, and share the link with every rock 'n' roll lover out there. Thank you. Gorman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks REALLY interesting. If/when I can, I'll contribute. Now not a good time for me.

The time period that Bennett was in Wilco was magical. The band could seemingly do no wrong. Summerteeth, in my mind, is Wilco's pinnacle. "Pieholden Suite", I contend, is the best Wilco song ever.

Bennett also added GREATLY to the band's live performances. When I think of those concerts, I imagine Bennett with a cigarette dangling from his mouth and he's playing lead guitar on a Zeppelin cover.

Good luck!

Any of you already familiar with Gorman Bechard's work, such as his Replacements documentary, "Color Me Obsessed", know that Bechard is a filmmaker with an insightful and captivating eye. As he is a longstanding Wilco fan, this new one comes straight from the heart. I hope you'll have a look at this trailer, and support his kickstarter campaign if the spirit moves you! Bechard is an excellent storyteller, and Bennett's story wants telling.

Best of luck with this project, Gorman! :thumbup

Tune in to REAL PUNK RADIO at 7PM tonight to hear Scott D. Hudson interview myself and co-director Fred Uhter about Where are you, Jay Bennett.

You can listen here: RealPunkRadio.com

We certainly also talk about this amazing Bennett track. If you've never heard it, listen to the lyrics. You'll get goosebumps.

Nice interview!

Scott is a great supporter of only the best music!

We are at 30% with 50 backers and 18 days to go. Please keep spreading the word. And thank you to everyone who's come on board with us in telling Jay's story.

FLASH SALE: just put up 3 copies of the vintage original END OF THE CENTURY Wilco poster on the KickStarter for $85.

This sale ends at midnight Pacific Time tomorrow (Sunday) night. Grab it now.

You can't even find this on eBay...never mind at this price. Get a great poster...help fund the film. BOOM! :)

FLASH SALE: just put up 3 copies of the vintage original END OF THE CENTURY Wilco poster on the KickStarter for $85.

This sale ends at midnight Pacific Time tomorrow (Sunday) night. Grab it now.

You can't even find this on eBay...never mind at this price. Get a great poster...help fund the film. BOOM! :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gormanbechard/where-are-you-jay-bennett?ref=user_menu

Question for you, Gorman: Is it possible to pledge for more than one reward? It doesn't look like you can, but maybe I'm missing something.

Yes, absolutely.  Pick one of the rewards (if one of them has a limit, choose that one), then add the amount from the other reward to your pledge, so the total pledge is the cost of both items.  Send me a message thru KickStarter so I know...and likewise, when it comes time to answer the reward survey, remind me again.  We do it all the time.  Thank you!

Yes, absolutely.  Pick one of the rewards (if one of them has a limit, choose that one), then add the amount from the other reward to your pledge, so the total pledge is the cost of both items.  Send me a message thru KickStarter so I know...and likewise, when it comes time to answer the reward survey, remind me again.  We do it all the time.  Thank you!

OK, thanks for the reply. Wanted to pledge for one of the prizes, but also get a copy of the DVD. Good luck!

Putting up some of the coolest rewards I've ever offered, but we need you make this film happen.

Today we are offering something I've never seen before, a Stage Plot sheet from the Jay-era. Plus a european Summerteeth tour ticket. And there's so much more. (If you want to combine rewards, just let us know via a private message on KickStarter.)

Please check out the page, back, and share. Thank you!

Let's get this to the $10K mark today...so we can move into the home stretch. I know as a Wilco fanatic I want to see a film about Jay Bennett...hoping you feel the same way. But it can't get made without your help.

We still have a few of those crazy one-of-a-kind rewards...and more coming. Check out the link below. And please share with other fans. Thank you!

These are some really cool rewards, Gorman! I hope folks will support your kickstarter because I want to see the rest of this film!

WHAT was the deal with the Wilco Warning Rat backstage passes?!! :lol

Ha!  I was wondering the same thing.  It so doesn't feel as if it fits Summerteeth.