Jeff Tweedy Book Tour 11/13/18 Mrmrr Theater Brooklyn NY

So just got back from the book thingy. I’ll give my brief review. I didn’t enjoy the moderator as she talked too much about her self and she asked nothing about Wilco, Loose Fur, Golden Smog and Uncle Tupelo. There was no questions about songs, instruments or anything that would have offered some good insight.

I did like Jeff’s story about rehab which was very insightful and he talked about playing in the Netherlands at a book and music fest which was funny. After 45 minutes or so there were audience questions. They had a box to submit questions. They maybe did 6 questions which none were thoughtful or interesting! They asked what do you like for breakfast, is there any subliminal messages in I’m always in love, what should I play by Wilco to my newborn, do you feel like you are doing a job onstage, do you like hecklers, etc. really nothing music related and no further insights. I’m just hoping the book covers them?

Anyway afterwords he played Bombs Above, Hummingbird and Don’t Forget..

Still glad I went but the moderator for me led to a missed opportunity..

Show started 810 ended 915.

Damn, they should have asked me to moderate. I'd be asking Jeff about string gauges and the different types of synthesizers on the AGIB drone. Plus every other question would have been "Where's the next Loose Fur album?".

I did like Jeff’s story about rehab which was very insightful and he talked about playing in the Netherlands at a book and music fest which was funny. After 45 minutes or so there were audience questions. They had a box to submit questions. They maybe did 6 questions which none were thoughtful or interesting! They asked what do you like for breakfast, is there any subliminal messages in I’m always in love, what should I play by Wilco to my newborn, do you feel like you are doing a job onstage, do you like hecklers, etc. really nothing music related and no further insights. I’m just hoping the book covers them?

Wait was that about the "smoke pot, smoke pot" back up vocals? If so did Jeff confirm? I'm still waiting to know if I should try the weed.

Damn, they should have asked me to moderate. I'd be asking Jeff about string gauges and the different types of synthesizers on the AGIB drone. Plus every other question would have been "Where's the next Loose Fur album?".

Wait was that about the "smoke pot, smoke pot" back up vocals? If so did Jeff confirm? I'm still waiting to know if I should try the weed.

He told the guy who asked the question to lay off the pipe lol. He said yes it was an edgy thing to say back then but not any more.

Well that's kind of a bummer.  Hopefully the Chicago crowd will ask better questions!  I was a little bummed that Jason Narducy was announced as the moderator instead of someone more famous (like Jon Hamm!) but i'm really hoping that as a fellow musician, the topics of conversation will slant towards songwriting, etc.

Well that's kind of a bummer. Hopefully the Chicago crowd will ask better questions! I was a little bummed that Jason Narducy was announced as the moderator instead of someone more famous (like Jon Hamm!) but i'm really hoping that as a fellow musician, the topics of conversation will slant towards songwriting, etc.

I wish I got Ira Kaplan instead who was on Sunday that would have been more interesting

• 1 month later...