Favourite Albums of 2018

I just discovered this band. Good stuff!  Have you heard their previous record from 2017?  I picked up both at the same time and I've only been able to listen to them once each.  So far I like the first one a little better, but both are really good. 

https://www.discogs.com/Ohmme-Ohmme/master/1350045

Will check out more from your list.  We have had similar tastes in the past. 

I have not yet heard the first one, but have every intention in checking it out.

how did you get your hands on this album?

Just got to hear it. The internet is a beautiful thing.

Hope it gets an actual release.

hmmm... i think there were less albums that i really dug this year as compared to others, but there was still some really good stuff released. my musical discovery of the year was from Estonia of all places; Erki Parnoja released a live record this year, but last year's Efterglow is so good and probably my favorite record that was new to me this year.

here are some songs that i dug... maybe you did/will too?
https://open.spotify.com/user/tinnitus_photo/playlist/1a3RozOVpoCOtQBwcI38or?si=_MBbl5zxSDyZqjab9iUOSw

my top 10 records would be (inpo)

Dommengang - Love Jail

Malkmus/Jicks - Sparkle Hard

Sleep - The Sciences

Mountain Movers - Pink Skies

Rosali - Trouble Anyway

U. S. Girls - In A Poem Unlimited

Neko Case - Hell-on

Thou - Incosolable

Ulaan Markhor - Helm

Ty Segall - Freedom's Goblin

honorable mention to Salad Boys, Meg Baird/Mary Lattimore, David Nance Group, Ovlov, Stove, Iceage, Yo La Tengo, Khruangbin, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and others. 

New Releases

First Aid Kit - Ruins

Zappa Roxy Box

Malkmus/Jicks - Sparkle Hard

Sleep - The Sciences

Neko Case - Hell-on

Grateful Dead Pacific Northwest Box

Re-releases:

50th anniversary White Album Deluxe set with a shit-ton of demos and a fancy-ass hardcover book. Loved it.

The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society 50th anniversary mono and stereo versions

And, Albums that were neither new nor re-released in 2018, but I just discovered them, so fuck you

Ramsey Lewis: Mother Nature's Son - a jazzy instrumental take on the White Album. Loved it.