I guess it's fitting to admit to this on International Women's Day... I'm only now coming around to discovering Brandi Carlile.  I've heard her name mentioned various times over the years but never took the time to check her out.  And I don't watch the Grammy's so I missed her epic performance there.  

But holy sheetballs, she's amazing!

I'm new to her and psyched as well. God she ripped the roof off that place at the Grammys. The album version of that tune is so great too, really well produced.

I like that she's supposedly an "americana" artist but her latest record sounds like Jeff Buckley and vintage Radiohead at moments. 

I saw her at NFF last summer.  Brandi is one of my wife's favorite artists. She is currently recording an album with Amanda Shires and one other woman (whose name escapes me).

One of my favorites artists, too. My wife and I saw her in June and agreed that it was one of the best shows we've seen in recent memory. The last two records have been masterful.

• 4 weeks later...

Ditto about hearing of her but not her.

She was recently announced as slated to play a new music venue in Denver opening this summer (Trey Anastacio Band being the first act, I believe, to christian the venue). I noticed a lot of my FB friends immediately chiming in on how her show will be  a "must-see.

ed. Confession: any time I had seen her name, until very recently, my brain took it in as Belinda Carlisle from the Go-Gos....

ed. 2: I had never heard of Nipsey Hussle until 2 days ago, either.

Ha! - same for Go-Go's for me. For months after hearing a song played on WXRT, I kept thinking 'a great comeback from "Brandi" from the Go-Go's' ---- Then finally my wife corrected me.

CBS Sunday Morning had a great segment on her a couple of Sunday's ago. I guess Brandi splits all the songwriting credits with two other musicians ( who happen to be twin brothers) in the band, three ways,