This is such sad news. Dr John is a favorite of mine. Saw him several times over the years, once at Tipitinas.

I’ve been listening to Gris Gris this evening...

:(

Such a great musician, what a loss. I moved to New Orleans last year, had hoped to one day see him perform somewhere, though I knew it was a long shot from what I heard from a couple of musician friends that knew him and the state of his health..Thanks for the music Mac!

This is a rough one. I was lucky enough to see him perform a few years back in all his Voodoo splendor, but I had always wished to see a show of his in New Orleans. There will never be another like him. He was the last of the best, he was the Gris Gris man. R.I.P Good Doctor

Been a tough week for New Orleans with the loss of chef Leah Chase and Dr. John. Those two are irreplaceable. I met Leah Chase once. Her smile said everything a person needed to know about her. She was such a sweetheart. I'm not a huge fan of Dr. John's music, but I respect it and appreciate that I'm very much in the minority with that opinion.