New Track from Wilco on this Saturday’s Live From Here

Very cool. Wonder if it'll be a "new" new track, or an OTJ outtake?

I’m not sure. It’d be amazing if it’s something that hasn’t been done yet on The Tweedy Show. Or it might be Half Life.

Time for my favourite variety of speculating... New album incoming?!?!

Wishful thinking for sure, but I'd be lying if my mind didn't go there for a second too!  I figure these guys have to all have at least rudimentary recording equipment at their homes to lay down some basic tracks that they could send to the loft for mixing.

Wishful thinking for sure, but I'd be lying if my mind didn't go there for a second too!  I figure these guys have to all have at least rudimentary recording equipment at their homes to lay down some basic tracks that they could send to the loft for mixing.

Jeff has stated on The Tweedy show that the Wilco guys were collaborating on something from their individual homes during quarantine. 

Also, a few months ago there was some Instagram stories where some of the guys were all at the Loft at the same time (Mikael, Nels, and I believe Glenn). So it's possible work was getting done before lockdown.

And... I feel like I read a comment pre-OTJ from Jeff about how there were already plans for the follow up but I've tried to dig that up and couldn't find it, so it's entirely possible I just imagined that.

Essentially this is me:

charlie-conspiracy.jpg

I feel like I read a comment pre-OTJ from Jeff about how there were already plans for the follow up but I've tried to dig that up and couldn't find it, so it's entirely possible I just imagined that.

Didn't Jeff talk about a power pop album they had just about finished? 

Didn't Jeff talk about a power pop album they had just about finished?

I came here to say this and knew in my heart that this had been said.

I remember Jeff saying this somewhere, but I don’t recall where. I also kind of remember him saying something similar after The Whole Love came out.

Do you think they might play the live recording of Let’s Fight that was released via Nugs.net a few weeks ago? Not really new, but it did just cross my mind as a possibility.

My prediction is it's one of the songs that they completed last year that didn't fit in the sequence for OTJ, possibly that song he played on their instagram show that had two possible titles, one of which was "Half Life".

My prediction is it's one of the songs that they completed last year that didn't fit in the sequence for OTJ, possibly that song he played on their instagram show that had two possible titles, one of which was "Half Life".

The other title that Jeff gave the song was “Let’s Find What We’re All Missing”.

"Tell Your Friends" previously heard on The Tweedy Show. This song is great! Love the vocal harmonies. Ode to Joy style drumming sounds nice with the acoustic slide guitar.

"Tell Your Friends" previously heard on The Tweedy Show. This song is great! Love the vocal harmonies. Ode to Joy style drumming sounds nice with the acoustic slide guitar.

That was beautiful.

New song on Colbert on Wednesday too, if it’s not Tell Your Friends, I’m officially going to start getting hyped for a new album.

I'm pretty sure it'll be Tell Your Friends. On the Tweedy Show a few nights ago they talked about the video for the song and inferred it was going to be played on Colbert.

Still that doesn't mean a new album isn't happening. Believe!

I'm pretty sure it'll be Tell Your Friends. On the Tweedy Show a few nights ago they talked about the video for the song and inferred it was going to be played on Colbert.

Still that doesn't mean a new album isn't happening. Believe!

Well, we know he's been to the loft.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgtoADyVocg&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR09gtntC7Q1fcI0etodrL-QfDCg09t7EjFMyf89VUhLDIc6cg2lIVaoCv4

Still a possibility that Tell Your Friends features tracks of home recording from several members.

Do we know that that’s the loft? Feel like Jeff and the boys did a song from that room on a late night show so I assumed it was at their house.

Definitely the loft. As a studio nerd, I've paid way too much attention to the details of that place.... more than I'd normally admit.