New Wilco/Tweedy announcement coming?

I'd be happy with that, or with an announcement of the "rockier" Wilco record that they had the songs for around the time of Ode to Joy. Jeff did say he'd finished something, and that it was "probably a record." 

I would dig that too, but my intuition from what's been going on in the Tweedy house, and on their instagram show is that he wrote a bunch of new folk songs and recorded them with his boys. Which will probably also be awesome. I just figure with the Wilco's scattered in different states they're not finishing any new records any time soon.

I would dig that too, but my intuition from what's been going on in the Tweedy house, and on their instagram show is that he wrote a bunch of new folk songs and recorded them with his boys. Which will probably also be awesome. I just figure with the Wilco's scattered in different states they're not finishing any new records any time soon.

There was a photo of them all Zooming recently; maybe the parts had already been laid down and Jeff just finished it. 

Still, my bet is also on the Tweedy family record. But I'm hoping for this Wilco thing sooner rather than later. 

There was a photo of them all Zooming recently; maybe the parts had already been laid down and Jeff just finished it. 

Still, my bet is also on the Tweedy family record. But I'm hoping for this Wilco thing sooner rather than later. 

Honestly, I wouldn't be as jazzed for a Wilco album recorded separately with them never being together. I'm sure they could do it, and it would probably sound good. But I'd rather they just wait and record together for a better energy, inspiration and direction. The quarantine makes no difference at all for a Tweedy record though.

Seems least likely, but I want it to be the new Loose Fur album so hard.

My only shred of hope is that Jeff said in an interview last year(?) that it wasn't done yet because he was behind on his part of it. So maybe it just needed some vocals or dubs?

He said in the same interview that Loose Fur is all about him, Glen, and Jim being in the same room, which doesn't bode well for a release any time soon if they aren't done recording.

Seems least likely, but I want it to be the new Loose Fur album so hard.

My only shred of hope is that Jeff said in an interview last year(?) that it wasn't done yet because he was behind on his part of it. So maybe it just needed some vocals or dubs?

He said in the same interview that Loose Fur is all about him, Glen, and Jim being in the same room, which doesn't bode well for a release any time soon if they aren't done recording.

I remember Jeff saying it's finished and sitting on Jim's desk waiting to be mixed and mastered.

I remember Jeff saying it's finished and sitting on Jim's desk waiting to be mixed and mastered.

Hope so! I found the interview I was talking about. The little bit about Loose Fur comes up towards the end - https://www.stereogum.com/2052900/jeff-tweedy-interview-wilco-ode-to-joy-portlandia-parks-and-recreation-nick-offerman-mavis-staples/franchises/interview/weve-got-a-file-on-you/

I just posted this in The Tweedy Show thread, but this news looks promising for a new Jeff Tweedy record:

Jeff Tweedy’s Whisper will be released as part of Good Music To Avert The Collapse Of American Democracy on September 4th on Bandcamp.

https://goodmusic2020.bandcamp.com/track/whisper

That’s the track info.

I named that song “It’s A Whisper” when it appeared on The Tweedy Show on episodes 47 & 72.