I am appalled.  But sadly , I am not at all surprised.  I saw a report from ITV where several of the insurrectionists were interviewed briefly on camera and these people really do believe all this crap.  I am confused and don’t understand how so many people have become brainwashed and really believe that the government is out to get them.  Or something.  I’m not sure exactly what it is they are so angry about.

I hope this is a turning point.  It feels like it is.   But then again, I’ve thought that before and was wrong.  

Yesterday's events left me badly shaken and sad.  I feel a bit better this morning. Our President showed more contempt and animus towards NFL players who knelt during the national anthem than towards hoodlums who invaded and looted the Capitol.  Like Brownie stated above, I hope this is a turning point.   Like Brownie, I've thought this before and been sorely disappointed in and let down by my fellow citizens and legislators.    

Despite being maybe the "hardest" job in the world its actually quite difficult to leave the Presidency with a bad legacy. You will almost always have 45-55% of the  population alive during your term that will defend you simply on the basis of party lines. His behavior throughout his term was certainly not acceptable to me personally but I'm sure plenty of die hard republicans would have thought fondly of him for years to come and defended his actions as what he (they feel) was best for the country at the time. I honestly think he could have lost gracefully and in a decade a good majority of Republicans would look back on his term fondly.  I think that since election day he has managed to soil what was left of that legacy and beyond. It would be hard to take anybody seriously who defended him from Wednesday November 4th on.

Also, Lindsay Graham's performance last night was memorizing. I almost believed him as sincere.  Daniel Day Lewis, Lindsay Graham, Joaquin Phoenix, Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hanks....five best living actors today.