Newcomer wanting to get into later day Wilco, Poll?

New member here, I’m just rediscovering Wilco after 14 years.

After Sky Blue Sky they sadly disappeared from my listening radar.

im familiar with everything upto Sky Blue Sky but was wondering if theres been a poll for favourite Wilco track (I did do a forum search bit couldn’t find anything).

this way I thought I could put a playlist together and discover the fans favourite later day tracks I’m not familiar with.

I don't think I've seen a poll. I also don't know how useful a poll would be, every Wilco song is someone's favourite song which I think speaks to the band's consistency. I'd recommend just listening to Star Wars, I think it's their most inspired "modern" album but all the records are good. Schmilco is kind of a vaguely country acoustic rock album. Ode to Joy is a little more damaged sounding, very acoustic and warm. Wilco The Album and The Whole Love feel like greatest hits records to me, in the terms that they cover a lot of different sides of Wilco, I feel Whole Love is the stronger of the two. Star Wars is a big, crunchy, rock album and it's a lot of fun. 

Welcome to Via Chicago! TCP gave a pretty great rundown. Yeah, we all have our particular favorites. B)

I'd encourage you to dig into Jeff's solo and Tweedy band material, too. You have a lot to enjoy discovering!

To say kind of the same thing in a different way: Yeah it depends on your flavor. The album rundown was very accurate. 

Recommended tunes? Hard to take them out of context from an album band, and Star Wars and Ode to Joy are such cohesive wholes, but if I had to pull some standouts:

-Wilco the Album- One Wing, You and I, Solitaire

-The Whole Love- Art of Almost, Whole Love, I Might, One Sunday Morning

-Star Wars- More, Cold Slope into King of You, Magnetized

-Schmilco- Cry All Day, Someone to Lose, Locator

-Ode to Joy- Before Us, Quiet Amplifier, Everyone Hides, Love is Everywhere

I'm sure many would dispute these selections, which is evidence that Wilco is a great band that provoke a lot of different takes on their catalog.

10 hours ago, lost highway said:

To say kind of the same thing in a different way: Yeah it depends on your flavor. The album rundown was very accurate. 

Recommended tunes? Hard to take them out of context from an album band, and Star Wars and Ode to Joy are such cohesive wholes, but if I had to pull some standouts:

-Wilco the Album- One Wing, You and I, Solitaire

-The Whole Love- Art of Almost, Whole Love, I Might, One Sunday Morning

-Star Wars- More, Cold Slope into King of You, Magnetized

-Schmilco- Cry All Day, Someone to Lose, Locator

-Ode to Joy- Before Us, Quiet Amplifier, Everyone Hides, Love is Everywhere

I'm sure many would dispute these selections, which is evidence that Wilco is a great band that provoke a lot of different takes on their catalog.

Yes, I like all your picks but most of mine would be different!

Wilco The Album: Bull Black Nova (out of respect for Vince), One Wing, Dark Neon (which is technically a bonus track but would be the best song on the record IMO)

The Whole Love: Whole Love, Born Alone, One Sunday Morning

Star Wars: Random Name Generator, Where Do I Begin, The Joke Explained

Schmilco: We Aren't The World, If I Ever Was A Child, Common Sense

Ode to Joy: Hold Me Anyway, Bright Leaves, An Empty Corner

Songs not mentioned yet that are highlights: Taste The Ceiling, Standing O, Wilco The Song, Country Disappeared, Just Say Goodbye.

I'd agree with TCP that Star Wars might be the most "inspired", though Ode To Joy could make the claim.