Sky Blue Sky 2022

1 hour ago, dagwave said:

Can’t Wait!
There were off site daily morning excursions/ tours subject to “reservations” and additional fees plus an event for Positive Legacy doing environmental clean up with Jeff. Should be announced later I’m thinking. 

Many non- alcoholic offerings from very skilled bartending crews across the resort.  Also saw a sign for recovery meetings on resort- Hard Rock should have info.

Pumped (more pumped) to see Ms. Mavis added to the fun!!!

Thanks, that is good to hear.   I know my wife wants to take me to one of the cenotes. She did one a few years ago with her mom and it has become one of the all-time travel highlights of her life.  I'm looking forward to hearing the details of the Positive Legacy project.  

We did tulum and cenotes/snorkeling with turtles last year and while they were both pretty cool, not sure we’ll do any next year.  Spend more time at the beach and allow myself to enjoy the late night shows without having to worry about the next day.

On 5/28/2021 at 3:02 PM, suites said:

Anyone know how to get on a list for upgrades, in case anyone cancels?

Cloud 9 customer service can provide you the upgrade request link via the portal you used to order your package.  

Totally jealous of all of you who will be in Mexico. My finances are such that I'll have to choose between that or Solid Sound. Having experienced the latter event I'm kinda partial to it. See y'all at MASS MoCA.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:01 AM, jff said:

I'm hoping to finally get to meet some VCers at this thing!   

I'm curious to know from those who were there last year if there were any type of social meetups or support activities/resources for people with addiction issues.   Events like this tend to aggressively promote alcohol use, and a member of my party had to give up alcohol a couple years ago.  Do any of you who were at SBS or similar events at this resort recall if they offered any non-alcohol beverages that are a little more exciting than bottled water/soda/tea/coffee?  Like non-alcohol beer or alcohol free cocktails?

There were daily meetings for “Friends of Bill W.” Personally, I felt a little strange doing an all-inclusive resort thing 9 years into recovery so it was a relief to see this when we checked in. I went to the meeting the first day; it was a cool group and a great way to check in with my sobriety. It was a supportive environment overall—if you’re seeking support. I would also say that it just wasn’t the debaucherous event some might imagine. We’re all old now.

On 6/4/2021 at 8:27 PM, illegalfireworksdisplay said:

There were daily meetings for “Friends of Bill W.” Personally, I felt a little strange doing an all-inclusive resort thing 9 years into recovery so it was a relief to see this when we checked in. I went to the meeting the first day; it was a cool group and a great way to check in with my sobriety. It was a supportive environment overall—if you’re seeking support. I would also say that it just wasn’t the debaucherous event some might imagine. We’re all old now.

Thank you for the response.  This is good to hear.  I'm glad you found it to be supportive.  Maybe we'll run into you in January.