Sky Blue Sky 2022

Lineup is so good.  Was curious to see how they would top the first one and it’s possible they did.  Will definitely be going again.

I mean, Spoon, Kurt Vile and Malkmus is insane.  Very pumped that there’s a Nels set too, even though I wish it was the singers.  Can’t wait to start familiarizing myself with the other artists.

We didn't go last year, and we have never been to Solid Sound (though we have traveled several times to see Wilco), but we are making plans to go to SBS this time.  Hopefully we'll be able to book one of our preferred room types during the general on-sale.  

Dang it, it seems I have too many friends with fear of commitment (for now....). Looks like I might be booking a room this week and finding a roomie later!

Ditto! 

16 hours ago, dagwave said:

Dang it, it seems I have too many friends with fear of commitment (for now....). Looks like I might be booking a room this week and finding a roomie later!

DITTO (gulp). 

Such a painless process, but I'm also glad that we had an early presale time and went with one of the more generic room types again.  Would be great if every ticket buying experience was this easy!

2 hours ago, Madcap said:

Such a painless process, but I'm also glad that we had an early presale time and went with one of the more generic room types again.  Would be great if every ticket buying experience was this easy!

Completely agree.  I expected the worst and Cloud 9 delivered a painless ticket buying experience.

We're booked.  The onsale for us was really hairy, and we got a worse room than we wanted at a higher price than expected.  Not exactly sure how that math works.  My brain is too fried from other life stuff right now to figure that out.  Nevertheless, we're very happy to finally be attending a Wilco festival, with an extra day on the front and back ends!

So hey, those of you who were able to go to the first SBS...tell those of us going for the first time what we need to know! Best restaurants? What are the tones of the "Heaven" and "Hacienda" areas? Any details that surprised you, that we might not expect or consider?

Any insider tips will be hugely appreciated and put to good use!:yes

I'm hoping to finally get to meet some VCers at this thing!   

I'm curious to know from those who were there last year if there were any type of social meetups or support activities/resources for people with addiction issues.   Events like this tend to aggressively promote alcohol use, and a member of my party had to give up alcohol a couple years ago.  Do any of you who were at SBS or similar events at this resort recall if they offered any non-alcohol beverages that are a little more exciting than bottled water/soda/tea/coffee?  Like non-alcohol beer or alcohol free cocktails?

1 hour ago, jff said:

I'm hoping to finally get to meet some VCers at this thing!   

I'm curious to know from those who were there last year if there were any type of social meetups or support activities/resources for people with addiction issues.   Events like this tend to aggressively promote alcohol use, and a member of my party had to give up alcohol a couple years ago.  Do any of you who were at SBS or similar events at this resort recall if they offered any non-alcohol beverages that are a little more exciting than bottled water/soda/tea/coffee?  Like non-alcohol beer or alcohol free cocktails?

Maybe Wilco can sub out the Wharf Rats ------ still going strong at GD affiliated shows.  I always thought that was one of the greatest things at a Dead show - always having them available. Oddly enough, the other thing was searching for and finding great looking mushrooms (though those days of me searching for those are long gone). 

Can’t Wait!
There were off site daily morning excursions/ tours subject to “reservations” and additional fees plus an event for Positive Legacy doing environmental clean up with Jeff. Should be announced later I’m thinking. 

Many non- alcoholic offerings from very skilled bartending crews across the resort.  Also saw a sign for recovery meetings on resort- Hard Rock should have info.

Pumped (more pumped) to see Ms. Mavis added to the fun!!!

1 hour ago, calvino said:

Maybe Wilco can sub out the Wharf Rats ------ still going strong at GD affiliated shows.  I always thought that was one of the greatest things at a Dead show - always having them available. Oddly enough, the other thing was searching for and finding great looking mushrooms (though those days of me searching for those are long gone). 

I was actually just thinking about that aspect of their shows the other day.  I was reading a discussion on a different forum about various things the Dead pioneered in the touring business, and it brought that to mind.  I remember hearing about the sober groups at their shows when I was in that scene in the '90s, though I didn't recall they were called the Wharf Rats.  That's a good, welcoming name.