Terrific JT Esquire Interview

Ta.

"Wilco had started work on new a record before the pandemic, it was art pop. We had been working toward some new ideas that would be exciting to us."

I hope that one surfaces eventually. I'd like some upbeat Wilco after so long they've been on other travels. Haven't heard a sniff of the new one yet and it was a new wave country (Steve Earle, Dwight Yoakam, Lone Justice) that lead me to Wilco via Mermaid Avenue in the first place back in the day, so it could be great also. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Ta.

"Wilco had started work on new a record before the pandemic, it was art pop. We had been working toward some new ideas that would be exciting to us."

I hope that one surfaces eventually. I'd like some upbeat Wilco after so long they've been on other travels. Haven't heard a sniff of the new one yet and it was a new wave country (Steve Earle, Dwight Yoakam, Lone Justice) that lead me to Wilco via Mermaid Avenue in the first place back in the day, so it could be great also. 

I seem to remember he said something along of the lines of being loud and joyous.

• Like 1

I think that mostly I just feel a little bit better when I've done something with my imagination that looks at something that is scary to me and I master it with melody just enough to get through those moments.

This is exactly how I feel about Bull Black Nova and why I like it so much.  Panic attacks are much less terrifying when set to music.

• Like 2