Philco: August 26

The rest of the band is great, too ---- bunch of my friends were heading there, already - I was gonna pass - but this changes things.

The headling set will feature a backing band made up of Jeff Chimenti (Dead & Company). Stu Allen (Phil Lesh & Friends), Karl Denson (Rolling Stones), John Molo (Phil Lesh & Friends),  Elliott Peck (Midnight North), and Grahame Lesh (Phil Lesh & Friends). PHILCO will take to the main stage at Sacred Rose Festival on Friday,

The return of Dark California Stars seems on deck. Ripple, St. Steve, maybe some Dylan, Band tunes. I'm sure Nels is game for anything. But Jeff singing Brokedown Palace would be nice. Other possibilities: China Doll, Ship of Fools, It Must've Been the Roses, To Lay Me Down, Cosmic Charlie.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

A buddy needed to unload two tickets, so I took it as a sign to head to the festival (I swore off festivals a long while ago)  - looking forward to seeing the show. Should be an interesting one.  Phil did put together a great band. 

• Like 1