Wilco — 24 August 2022, Shelburne, VT (The Green At Shelburne Museum)

Ah, the Wilco summer lawn (and occasional shed/club/pavilion) tour continues...and fortunately I was able to sneak up to The Green Mountain State to attend this one. Also fortunately, the ever-present threat of rain before WIlco took the stage dissipated after a round or two of sprinkles. Of course, we were left with Muggsville conditions — prompting Jeff, in his first comments of the evening, to admit that "one of my least favorite words keeps popping into my mind: moist. It's not a good word. Damp." So yeah, not weather fit for those used to more non-humid climes...

I know I keep promising more to come but I will get back to this one in some form sooner than later. Sorry for my recent slackerism, Uncle Albert.

For now, here was the complete setlist as played (got a brief glimpse of the printed list and I believe Heavy Metal Drummer was added, while a planned Red-Eyed and Blue in the encore was cut):

Handshake Drugs

I Am My Mother

Cruel Country

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Hints

War On War

If I Ever Was A Child

Via Chicago>

Many Worlds (coda only)

At Least That's What You Said

Story To Tell

Hummingbird

Bird Without A Tail/Base Of My Skull

Tired Of Taking It Out On You

Jesus, etc.

Impossible Germany

Love Is Everywhere (Beware)

California Stars

—Bull Black Nova, Heavy Metal Drummer drum intros (despite Jeff's urging, I don't think these count for setlist purposes)—

A Lifetime To Find

Heavy Metal Drummer

Box Full Of Letters

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

-----------------------------------------------

Falling Apart (Right Now)

I Got You (At The End Of The Century)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, theashtraysays said:

Ok, what’s this Bull Black drum intro all about? 

As I recall it: Someone yelled out / requested the song and Jeff made a crack about "nope, not tonight buddy" or something like that. Then Glenn played the intro drumming part for a few seconds. Jeff made a joke about "there you go, that's it" and pointed to the side tent telling the guys to add it to the setlist.

Same basic idea with Heavy Metal Drummer - Glenn played the intro when someone shouted it. But in that case he said "you know, maybe we'll play that one later". If the original setlist is to be believed it was an in-show flex to play it.

Believe me when I say my recounting doesn't do the story/s justice. Jeff made it rather funny.

• Analogman changed the title to Wilco — 24 August 2022, Shelburnhttps://viachicago.org/topic/55191-wilco-%E2%80%94-24-august-2022-shelburne-vt-the-green-at-shelburne-museum/?do=getLastCommente, VT (The Green At Shelburne Museum)
  • Analogman changed the title to Wilco — 24 August 2022, Shelburn, VT (The Green At Shelburne Museum)
20 hours ago, d. boony said:

As I recall it: Someone yelled out / requested the song and Jeff made a crack about "nope, not tonight buddy" or something like that. Then Glenn played the intro drumming part for a few seconds. Jeff made a joke about "there you go, that's it" and pointed to the side tent telling the guys to add it to the setlist.

Same basic idea with Heavy Metal Drummer - Glenn played the intro when someone shouted it. But in that case he said "you know, maybe we'll play that one later". If the original setlist is to be believed it was an in-show flex to play it.

Believe me when I say my recounting doesn't do the story/s justice. Jeff made it rather funny.

It was super funny, great part of what was quite a bit of interaction with a fun crowd. Changed California Stars lyrics for Paul, made a donation to the Marine Corps and snuck into portapottys (the best way to enter)

• Like 1

This was a great show. Drove up from NJ for the show. I was pretty much front row center. I haven't posted here in years. Seen Wilco about 30x's since 2000. Does anyone know why the sets from night to night seem to have very few changes over the last couple of tours? Just like a couple of songs being swapped in and out. I feel like the sets on previous tours in the early and mid 2000's varied a lot more from night to night. 

• bböp changed the title to Wilco — 24 August 2022, Shelburne, VT (The Green At Shelburne Museum)