RIP Robbie Robertson

6 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

RIP. He was one of my guitar heroes for sure. Got to meet him once,  he was very cool.

Yes he was a terrific guitar player.  Tore it up on stage during Dylan's early electric tours.

Who would have thought Garth Hudson would end up the only survivor of the original Band?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Plumplechook said:

Yes he was a terrific guitar player.  Tore it up on stage during Dylan's early electric tours.

Who would have thought Garth Hudson would end up the only survivor of the original Band?

I actually said this to my husband when I heard the news. 

Robbie gave us a lot of gifts in his lifetime. Sharing his own gifts. Rest in peace.

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...

By accident came across The Last Waltz the other day that I could see. I did wonder what all the fuss about that film was about actually. Good performance but ...  Just saying.

I did like the way they came across in the interview segments. Highlight for me was Emmylou - but disappointed that both her and Mavis's songs were recorded in a back lot studio.

I did very much like the solo album that had Broken Arrow on it. Very atmospheric. I have that (and no The Band albums).

2 hours ago, worldrecordplayer said:

Probably my favorite concert movie. Have watched it dozens of times. Perhaps you are just not into the Band and the other performers? 

Yeah - I like the roots country movement, and their classic songs, but wouldn't say I was a fan of theirs particularly - though I respect them of course. I suppose I was just expecting more on the cinematic side. It was just a bit of a dull watch from that point of view - especially given the director. I did enjoy that Once Were Brothers  documentary a few years ago.