Solid Sound 2024 Bingo

As I eagerly await an announcement for Solid Sound 2024, I am beginning the process of replicating a small craft I did for last year's festival. 

If there's enough interest, I'll do it again!

For kicks, I made a series of bingo cards for Yo La Tengo's 2021 Hanukkah run of shows at the Bowery Ballroom. These were left in the venue lounge and it was fun to see people post their progress with them and when/if they'd hit five-in-a-row. 

In 2022, I made a newer series with the blessing of the band and their awesome management team to sell at the merch table to raise some extra funds for the charities they'd focus on each night. Here's an example:

IMG_5396.JPG

I made a few earlier in the year for Solid Sound 2022 that were primarily stashed at the record store pop-ups near Courtyard D. No bingos as the band leaned heavily on the Cruel Country tracks on Saturday (didn't really care as the set was still great). Here's one of those (there were SOLID, SOUND, and WILCO variations): 

IMG_3937.jpg

Disclaimer:

Folks asked me throughout the weekend what they'd win. There is no prize other than the potential for an absurdly large amount of people in a crowd to shout "bingo" (why not?).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
14 hours ago, heychicken said:

As I eagerly await an announcement for Solid Sound 2024, I am beginning the process of replicating a small craft I did for last year's festival. 

If there's enough interest, I'll do it again!

For kicks, I made a series of bingo cards for Yo La Tengo's 2021 Hanukkah run of shows at the Bowery Ballroom. These were left in the venue lounge and it was fun to see people post their progress with them and when/if they'd hit five-in-a-row. 

In 2022, I made a newer series with the blessing of the band and their awesome management team to sell at the merch table to raise some extra funds for the charities they'd focus on each night. Here's an example:

IMG_5396.JPG

I made a few earlier in the year for Solid Sound 2022 that were primarily stashed at the record store pop-ups near Courtyard D. No bingos as the band leaned heavily on the Cruel Country tracks on Saturday (didn't really care as the set was still great). Here's one of those (there were SOLID, SOUND, and WILCO variations): 

IMG_3937.jpg

Disclaimer:

Folks asked me throughout the weekend what they'd win. There is no prize other than the potential for an absurdly large amount of people in a crowd to shout "bingo" (why not?).

I look forward to yelling "Bingo!" at next SSF. :lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have it on good authority that Wilco is headlining.

Did anyone else get an error message telling you that you hadn't selected a country even though you had? This happened to me once before, either for the last Solid Sound or for Ohana in 2021, with Front Gate. I couldn't complete the transaction and had to ask someone else to buy the ticket for me. (Thanks again, coldasgasoline.)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Madcap said:

Reserved an airbnb and bought tickets this morning.  This will be my first time there (been to both SBS so far) and my first solo festival and I am pretty damn excited!  Any legit lineup rumors at this point?

Same! I went one year before, 2019 (the karaoke year), and it was a blast. When do they typically announce the lineup?