Still Life with Autographed CD

• 2 weeks later...

That is Mikael's handwriting. Are you are a graphologist?

The full story is that Donna wasn't able to make it out to L.A. for the signing and asked if I might be able to get a CD signed for her. Mikael was the first person seated at the table. I said, "Hi, Mikael!" He smiled and said hello, displaying no special enthusiasm for me. But when I told him that the CD was actually for Donna a.k.a. Kidsmoke, he lit up and exclaimed, "Donna!" And then he wrote exactly that on the CD.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Brian F. said:

That is Mikael's handwriting. Are you are a graphologist?

The full story is that Donna wasn't able to make it out to L.A. for the signing and asked if I might be able to get a CD signed for her. Mikael was the first person seated at the table. I said, "Hi, Mikael!" He smiled and said hello, displaying no special enthusiasm for me. But when I told him that the CD was actually for Donna a.k.a. Kidsmoke, he lit up and exclaimed, "Donna!" And then he wrote exactly that on the CD.

Now see, Brian, knowing how shy you are, I was going to just leave you as the unmensch-ioned mensch! :spider3

But it's such a good story and warms my heart. Thank you again for doing the legwork to secure this little beauty. :wub

And love to the Wilcoes as always.

6 hours ago, KevinG said:

not so much still life, but still autographed CD. This is when I saw the band perform at WMMM (Triple M in Madison WI) early 2002 iirc

image.png

I loved that era when the band was just Jeff, John, Glenn, and LeRoy. What a handsome little treasure of those times!

Here's a still life of the little shrine in my home office:

qko858.jpg

A few disclaimers:

1) I'm very well aware of the anachronism in having a YHF cover signed by Mikael, Nels and Pat. Sue me :)

2) The cover is actually empty and the radiator stays off most of the time.

3) This photo proves that I'm not a graphologist per se, but rather a sharp recognizer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1