Tweedy on Cobert

No one is talking about Tweedy on Cobert from a couple of nights ago?

Also apparently Jeff is taking some heat for saying he doesn't like "I will always love you"  I have seen People Magazine and the like throw out articles that people comment on after only reading the headlines.  Because the internet.  Sigh.  

It was a bit of a tongue in cheek remark that the click bait press have picked up on him.

Mind he's quite correct if only because it would have prevented Houston from warbling horrifically out of tune for 4 minutes.

• Like 1

I'm not concerned with Tweedy's opinion on any given song, but the idea that people have a natural inclination to reject things they can't do is so ignorant and obviously false that it blows my mind.  Especially coming from Tweedy, who I have always found to be really eloquent and insightful.

Does Tweedy reject Nels Cline's guitar solos because he cant play guitar the way Nels can?  Of course he doesn't, nor should he.  But if he believes what he said in this interview, then yes, he should reject Nels's solos.

5 hours ago, jff said:

I'm not concerned with Tweedy's opinion on any given song, but the idea that people have a natural inclination to reject things they can't do is so ignorant and obviously false that it blows my mind.  Especially coming from Tweedy, who I have always found to be really eloquent and insightful.

I think it was some good natured kidding and self depreciating humor. He was just saying he can't even do that kind of singing. It's actually an ancient mythologized psychological concept referred to as "sour grapes". Not a prescription, or a recommendation.

• Like 1