No worries about the downtime, now that I know it's still a system-wide issue. After initially reading this thread, I thought maybe everything was back to normal on the board except for my account. I sure sympathize with Solace trying to set things right after the system crash. My root drive died 6 weeks ago, and I spent days trying to resurrect the drive and rescue my data with recovery software; and many more days reinstalling operating system and much software on a new drive, and getting my home network up again (I had no backup, although I know better). Thanks for your hard work. I'm sure everybody's willing to be patient. I'll wait to try logging in 'til next week.

John

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not only did our server HD crash last Sat, my mp3/music drive partition took a crap on Tue night as well, yay me! :-/

oh well, such is life ;)

Ouch! Sorry to hear it, Kyle.

Shoot, I thought this would finally be my chance to get ahead of Maudie in the upload stats...

:cheekkiss I fear you, man. You know you could destroy me anytime you felt like it!

I want to take a moment to announce that Kyle/Solace is VC's employee of the month for February. One free Burger King cheeseburger, a $20 gift certificate to Bob's Bait and Tackle and a signed photo of me and my dog are his prizes. Let's all raise a glass to young Kyle. :)

(Some of you may think he's getting ripped off for all his hard work but you haven't seen this photo.)