• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck the Bombers.

I'm so excited about my Tigers still leading things at this point. It's weird though -- if the Tigers only get the wild card, or even if they just barely missed the playoffs, this season would still be such a massive success, and yet disappointing.. I mean, they haven't had a winning season since 1993, and they haven't even really been close since 1997. It's weird that, at the beginning of the season, most Tigers fans would have been ecstatic with an 85 win season, but now it will almost seem disappointing to not win the division outright.

Edited by MrRain422

I wonder if having so many comeback wins can cause a club to sleep through most of a game. The White Sox have gotten a blown save out of most of the top shelf closers this year including BJ Ryan, Huston Street, and Papelbon. They even got to ol' Mariano a little today, but it was too little too late.

Who knows. I'm sure the psychological aspects of everything affect every team differently. But yeah, the Tigers have had a lot of come from behind wins (mostly against poor teams -- this was two days in a row against the Royals). If they snooze through the first few innings like that against the White Sox or A's next week, they don't stand a chance.

Edited by MrRain422

So Anibal Sanchez had a no hitter through 5 innings. I noticed it in the fourth, and I didn't want to say anything to my friend. He understood.

But of course, he gives up a single on a hit that goes off the first baseman's glove. Darn. We beat the Rocket though, which is always nice. Some fans in front of me were saying Lance Berkman sucks, and I put them in their place. I'm normally ok with bashing, but they were saying "Hey, #17! You suck". I had to explain that he's basically the only good player they have, and that if they are going to mock anyone, it should be Preston Wilson.

I didn't see the wsox game last night either -- and will likely miss the rest this weekend due to other commitments.

However, the sox seem to get into funks from time to time. I still maintain that when they are hot, they are nearly unbeatable. It's all in the timing.

Yep, and since the WC looks to definitely be coming out of the Central, the Bombers need to get really hot.

If the season were to end in 2 weeks, sure. But really, the Yankees are only 5-6 games behind WSox in wins/percentage. We've still got 45% or so of the season to play, eh? Don't get me wrong, I abhor the Yankees with an unhealthy passion and wish them absolutely no forward progress the remainder of the season, I just believe that a lot can happen in a little less than half a season.

According to Olbermann, Peter Gammons is walking, talking, and pissed that the doctors wouldn't let him go to Pittsburgh for the All Star Game. Good news.

Was this on a show, website, what?

I miss Countdown......hell, I miss cable - mainly becuse I don't get to watch baseball. However, today and tomorrow the games are on local TV, WOO! I should even be able to see most of the Sox game before I have to leave for my fiddle class.

Edie - it was painful.

I'll bet. They have to get better by the 11th, or we'll be by the pool saying screw it to the game. :ermm

We are a little spoiled sure, but the part that I heard was the bottom of the 4th, and cintron fielded a bunt only to have no one at first to throw to. Next play, he drops a force out throw at third. two hits later, four runs had scored. That's the type of beating the Sox were administering last year, not getting.

I'll bet. They have to get better by the 11th, or we'll be by the pool saying screw it to the game. :ermm

We are a little spoiled sure, but the part that I heard was the bottom of the 4th, and cintron fielded a bunt only to have no one at first to throw to. Next play, he drops a force out throw at third. two hits later, four runs had scored. That's the type of beating the Sox were administering last year, not getting.

it looked like we were watching little league softball. oy vey.

sometime when I can gather up the energy I'll post the .wav file of my 18 month old son saying derek jeter over and over again. until then we can just rejoice in the white sox playing like little leaguers

Better than the staph infection that's going around the Blue Jays.