I saw a little league home run today!

Reggie Abercrombie bunts and there is a throwing error to first. So he takes second. There is a throwing error to second. He scores. Pretty awesome.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, who's the 38 year-old toolbox waving a red shirt around behind home plate while Garland is pitching? It certainly doesn't seem to be working, unless the guy's intention was to look like an assbag.

Probably twenty, twenty-five years ago there was some old hag sitting behind home plate at Shea who would rotate her arms in the motion of a football ref's illegal procedure call every time the opposing pitcher wound up. Of course, it never had the slightest effect on the pitcher, but that didn't stop me from wanting to fly to New York and gut her with a rusty fillet knife.

Probably twenty, twenty-five years ago there was some old hag sitting behind home plate at Shea who would rotate her arms in the motion of a football ref's illegal procedure call every time the opposing pitcher wound up. Of course, it never had the slightest effect on the pitcher, but that didn't stop me from wanting to fly to New York and gut her with a rusty fillet knife.

I kinda thought it worked once in awhile

Braves only chance is a wildcard

no releif pitching to trade for, just look at me Reds

It's a rumor floating around a fantasy baseball message board that I read occassionally. The poster claims that it comes from a credible source, but who knows.

I know that I did read somewhere about a month ago (I think SI.com but I'm not certain) that the Braves wanted Linebrink, but I can't verify for certain what sort of offer they've made.

That was my mom! :realmad

Comerica was rocking tonight i don't think i have ever seen it like that. this idiot next to me was talking crap the wole game. saying that the tigers need to send down monroe. he was saying that monroe was useless. then two innings later hes calling some of his friends saying "did you see my boy monroe hit that grand slam."

I posted this a while back, don't know if anyone read it. It goes into the likelihood that a better team (better record, that is) would lose 4 straight playoff series--low. Then it examines possible reasons Beane's teams have failed. The conclusion is not enough emphasis on the bullpen and defense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;lid=tab3pos1

And that's been Beane's emphasis over the last couple of seasons. Now there's the matter of making it back to the playoffs...

I went to the A's-O's game Wednesday. That will most likely be the last time I see Zito (in person) in an A's uniform. :(

ATLANTA (AP) -- Sensing a playoff surge, the Atlanta Braves traded for proven closer Bob Wickman, sending a minor leaguer to the Cleveland Indians on Thursday to address a lingering weakness.

The 37-year-old Wickman has been successful on 15 of 18 save chances this season, and tied for the AL lead last year with 45 saves. To get him, Atlanta traded Class A catcher Max Ramirez.

"We had a need to bolster our bullpen," Braves general manager John Schuerholz said.

What the frig is going on with Shea Hillenbrand and the Jays? Too funny. He used to play for the BoSox and I don't remember him being a whinny jerk, but apparently he is...anyways Toronto booted his ass. He might not make a bad addition to a team lookin for a DH/Corner infielder...he was batting .301 and is fairly decent defensively...OK maybe adequate

What the frig is going on with Shea Hillenbrand and the Jays? Too funny. He used to play for the BoSox and I don't remember him being a whinny jerk, but apparently he is...anyways Toronto booted his ass. He might not make a bad addition to a team lookin for a DH/Corner infielder...he was batting .301 and is fairly decent defensively...OK maybe adequate

He had some choice words for management on his way out of Boston. He also went on a profanity-laced tirade in the clubhouse the other day because nobody from the front office congratulated him on adopting a baby.This after Shea took off last fri. to be with his family and not returning 'til Tues. He was called a "cancer" and a "coward" in a team meeting last night by the skipper, in which the manager challenged him to hit him.

I'm not making this up.

METS!