• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN Fires Harold Reynolds

It's a start. Hopefully Steve Phillips is next.

I always like Reynolds. Apart from Peter Gammons, he's the only guy on ESPN who doesn't shit all over the Marlins at every possible opportunity.

Steve Phillips is an absolute retard who should be locked away and never allowed to watch or speak about baseball again. In their little "mock draft" the other two guys picked Albert Pujols as the one player they'd want more than any, and Phillips the Mouthbreather picked Jon Papelbon. He lost what little credibility he had with me at that point.

I always like Reynolds. Apart from Peter Gammons, he's the only guy on ESPN who doesn't shit all over the Marlins at every possible opportunity.

Steve Phillips is an absolute retard who should be locked away and never allowed to watch or speak about baseball again. In their little "mock draft" the other two guys picked Albert Pujols as the one player they'd want more than any, and Phillips the Mouthbreather picked Jon Papelbon. He lost what little credibility he had with me at that point.

Mouthbreather!....hillarious, he does have a Papelboner doesn't he?

If the season ended today, Papelbon should be the AL MVP.

Thats possible...I would give it to Ortiz though, to me he's more valuable to the team with the clutch hits and such (though you can argue that Papelbon is also of huge value with the saves)

Edited by darkstar

so i just received an email stating that harold reynolds was fired by espn. i kind of like reynolds and wished it had been steve phillips.

oh well.

edit - i also just read the fact that this is old news.

Edited by rareair

I'd take BJ Ryan over Papelbon. He strikes out more batters (I think he's up to 12 per 9 innings), and aside from 3 bad outings in the last 3 weeks, he has been unbelievable.

Don't get me wrong, Papelbon has been great too, but I just wouldn't say he's the MVP. ROY definetly.

I'd take BJ Ryan over Papelbon. He strikes out more batters (I think he's up to 12 per 9 innings), and aside from 3 bad outings in the last 3 weeks, he has been unbelievable.

Don't get me wrong, Papelbon has been great too, but I just wouldn't say he's the MVP. ROY definetly.

Well.....Stat wise (I know you are the stat Junkie)

Ryan 24 of 27 save opportunities 1.13 era 61 K's

Papelbon 29 of 32 save op's .53 era and 52 K's

I gotta go with Paps based on that miniscule era, Ryan has more K's but also more than a half run higher era

Anyways..it's a good argument, Ryan IS pretty impressive

The argument can be made for either, but to say papelbon is the MVP is ridiculous.

It's going to be David Ortiz.

Agreed, though it could happen who knows? (not likely)

Anyways...whats up with your boys 7-3 in the last 10 with a 3 game streak? Good times in S FLA

Now the CY Young in the AL will be tough. It will be between 2 Twins and a Red Sock will end up in 3rd. I'd say right now, Liriano, Santana, and Papelbon in that order. Liriano has been unbelievable. It's fitting he and Santana play for the Twins because they are basically the same pitcher.

Agreed, though it could happen who knows? (not likely)

Anyways...whats up with your boys 7-3 in the last 10 with a 3 game streak? Good times in S FLA

There is 1.5 games seperating us from 5 different teams. We have a 3 game series against Atlanta coming up. If we sweep them (entirely possible, as both Joneses will be injured), we will be most likely 4 games out of the Wild Card, and in 3rd or 4th.

If Larry Beinfest isn't the best GM in baseball, I honestly don't know who is.

The degree by which you are wrong on this is staggering.

I've killed for less than that, and I'll damn sure do it again if you don't cut it out this minute.

There is 1.5 games seperating us from 5 different teams. We have a 3 game series against Atlanta coming up. If we sweep them (entirely possible, as both Joneses will be injured), we will be most likely 4 games out of the Wild Card, and in 3rd or 4th.

If Larry Beinfest isn't the best GM in baseball, I honestly don't know who is.

I've killed for less than that, and I'll damn sure do it again if you don't cut it out this minute.

You see Liriano keeping it up until the end? Just curious as he is a young guy, rookie etc.

gonna be an interesting next few months wonder if there will be some huge blockbuster deal this week before the 31st

Well, it looks very likely that Soriano and Abreu will be moved. I'd rather have Abreu, personally.

If people are so sure Papelbon can keep it up, why not Liriano. The guy has some of the nastiest stuff I've ever seen. His slider is outrageous.

You see Liriano keeping it up until the end? Just curious as he is a young guy, rookie etc.

gonna be an interesting next few months wonder if there will be some huge blockbuster deal this week before the 31st

liriano started the season in the pen and has not been overworked in my opinion. i do not see a step dropoff in the second half for him.

i am a little more worried about verlander.

Papelbon is probably the best closer in the AL East, but to be the league MVP, a closer has to do some pretty amazing things. I mean, compare a closer (generally 1 inning per appearance, and not appearing in every game) to a solid starter (6-9 innings per appearance) or position player (generally a full game, every game). In order for that one inning every couple games to make that pitcher the MVP, it would have to be one of the all time greatest performances for a reliever over the course of a season. It's happened before, but it's rare, and in order for it to happen this year, there would have to be a lack of every day players who are having MVP caliber seasons, which is not the case this year.

I totally have a man-crush on Liriano.

Papelbon is probably the best closer in the AL East, but to be the league MVP, a closer has to do some pretty amazing things. I mean, compare a closer (generally 1 inning per appearance, and not appearing in every game) to a solid starter (6-9 innings per appearance) or position player (generally a full game, every game). In order for that one inning every couple games to make that pitcher the MVP, it would have to be one of the all time greatest performances for a reliever over the course of a season. It's happened before, but it's rare, and in order for it to happen this year, there would have to be a lack of every day players who are having MVP caliber seasons, which is not the case this year.

Very true

I totally have a man-crush on Liriano.

Aside from Ortiz (who I think shouldn't win because of the DH thing), who is a sure fire MVP? Hafner? DH.

Here's a surprise, especially to me: Justin Morneau. He's having a great under the radar season, and has been the key to the Twins success (along with their pitching).