There are some guys who were indisputably horrible clubhouse guys (and much lesser players than A-Rod) who have won championships.

Very true and a sage point...I'm just wondering that with a team like NY you have a lot of guys that all think they are king shit of turd mountain, what with all the "Yankee Mystique", the giganto salaries, all that NY media attention, they ALL think they are the best, I'm wondering if they don't snub the guy some. Hell Mussina went after him in the papers yesterday for making a throwing error....I'm wondering if slappy is getting a bit worn down.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true and a sage point...I'm just wondering that with a team like NY you have a lot of guys that all think they are king shit of turd mountain, what with all the "Yankee Mystique", the giganto salaries, all that NY media attention, they ALL think they are the best, I'm wondering if they don't snub the guy some. Hell Mussina went after him in the papers yesterday for making a throwing error....I'm wondering if slappy is getting a bit worn down.

Yeah, like there's no egos and salaries in the Red Sox dugout. :P

But, I actually see your point cuz I do see the Red Sox being a much closer knit group. It is widely known that he doesn't have alot of friends on the team. Although chemistry in baseball can be overrated, he definitely seems to be letting it all get to him (hence the Steve Sax Syndrome that he's now developed). He'll snap out of it (I hope), I just wish he'd stop paying attention to all the hoopla surrounding him (i.e., newspapers, WFAN).

I'm a huge BoSox fan so this pains me, but 'ol Slappy (A-rod) is obviously a hugely talented player, my thought is regardless of his numbers in the playoffs, etc, etc the guy has never been part of a championship team. Now, is it because the teams he's played on just haven't been good enough, or is it because as have been reports he's not a good clubhouse kind of guy and tends to be a distraction to his team? I don't know, I'm wondering what the prevailing thought is. I say if the Sox had him in '04 they are a different team and they don't win it all

If the Sox have him in 2004 they would probably win the World Series. Chemistry in baseball is over rated. It barely exists. The Marlins went on a winning streak after a relief pitcher gave one of the starters a black eye in a fight. The Yankees in the 70's won all kinds of stuff with all kinds of malcontents.

Listening to the White Sox game on teh XM.

we watched the Mets/Astros yesterday....Bjorn, you will be happy to know we were rooting for the Mets :dancing

I even called that 3 run homer against Backe.....

I hate that guy.

Today I made my 2006 Comerica Park debut before hitting the road back to Chicago. Fun times. The Tigers had quite a first inning, and with the exception of one bad inning, pretty much cruised from there on out. Zumaya was pretty amazing to see up close like that. His stuff is filthy.

we watched the Mets/Astros yesterday....Bjorn, you will be happy to know we were rooting for the Mets :dancing

I even called that 3 run homer against Backe.....

I hate that guy.

Jesus, what would Whitey Herzog think?!?! ;)

So, uh, the White Sox just traded an AA pitcher for Sandy Alomar Jr. They had released Chris Widger--I imagine because pitchers' ERAs were 1.5 higher when he was catching (and the Sox call the games from behind the plate, not from the dugout).

Carl Everett and Sandy's brother must be following close behind. :monkey

Jesus, what would Whitey Herzog think?!?! ;)

hey we're in a new millenium now....I don't hate the Mets the same way I did in, say, 1985.... :lol

Not that I am a fan, but, I hate the Astros a helluva lot more!

Will Garland be sent to the Minors for not plunking Kinsler?

No, but Sean Tracey will for good measure. Tracey wasn't sent to the minors only for that, but also because he wasn't very good and they had to clear the roster spot for David Riske.

Sandy Alomar, Jr.? Yikes.

How do you think those 40 year-old knees are doing?

Nationals sweep Cubs at RFK. :dancing :dancing I was there for the third game. :thumbup :thumbup

It absolutely is. I don't think what Dontrelle does helps the team on the field in any measurable way, but he's just a great person who keeps the atmosphere light on what could be a really depressing clubhouse at times.

And just so I can disprove the myths that I only care about the Marlins:

The White Sox are "extremely close" to trading for Nationals outfielder Alfonso Soriano, a source close to the situation told ESPN The Magazine's Tim Kurkjian. The Nationals have great interest in pitcher Brandon McCarthy.

The White Sox, said the source, also are close to acquiring pitcher Mike MacDougal from the Royals in exchange for minor league pitcher Tyler Lumsden.

Soriano joined Washington last offseason in a trade from Texas, and the Nationals shifted him from second base to left field. Soriano is batting .288 with 31 homers, 62 RBI and 25 steals.

The slugger, who is scheduled to become a free agent at the end of the season, said Sunday he wanted to remain in Washington but doubted he and the Nationals could agree to a contract extension before the deadline.

The five-time All-Star said he spoke with incoming Nationals president Stan Kasten on Thursday, but they didn't discuss contract details. Soriano added that he doesn't think his agent, Diego Bentz, has discussed numbers with the Nationals, either.

One potential stumbling block if the sides did agree on a new contract: Soriano said he wants a no-trade clause, something Kasten pointed out Sunday he refused to include in contracts he negotiated in recent years while an executive with the Atlanta Braves, the NBA's Hawks and the NHL's Thrashers.

Terrible move.

The collective wheels on the White Sox bus have officially fallen off. I was not posting in this thread for luck (thinking that posting was bad), but now I see it doesn't matter. And I don't think that Sandy Alomar Jr is going to be the answer, or a relief pitcher from KC.

The collective wheels on the White Sox bus have officially fallen off. I was not posting in this thread for luck (thinking that posting was bad), but now I see it doesn't matter. And I don't think that Sandy Alomar Jr is going to be the answer, or a relief pitcher from KC.

I think that if Mike MacDougal is actually healthy, then he's a pretty good pick up for the Sox. Obviously not a cure all for their problems, but I wouldn't underestimate his impact either. He's a very good pitcher.

Alomar is a joke though. Sort of makes me really really happy.

I think that if Mike MacDougal is actually healthy, then he's a pretty good pick up for the Sox. Obviously not a cure all for their problems, but I wouldn't underestimate his impact either. He's a very good pitcher.

Alomar is a joke though. Sort of makes me really really happy.

McDougal is a GREAT sign - and I'm not even a Sox fan

Alomar - meh - so what - experienced backup catcher