Red Cross: Prepare for bird flu

I have no idea if this paper is legit or not, or what the truth is, but I thought it should at least be up for debate or discussion amongst us, we briefly discussed this before. I understand people around the world have died from this, I don't know the total count, but what is the reason that it appears this will hit us the most, or at least that's what we keep getting told, I mean it seems that this should be wiping countries or populations out the way it gets reported. Who knows what to think - please discuss.

http://www.pjstar.com/stories/070906/TRI_BAB5HNUG.037.shtml

Hasn't made the jump much from people to birds - just people who tongue-kiss infected birds. So stop Frenching birds, and everything will be okey-doke. (See also, Swine Flu panic, 1976.)

Hasn't made the jump much from people to birds - just people who tongue-kiss infected birds. So stop Frenching birds, and everything will be okey-doke. (See also, Swine Flu panic, 1976.)

It has made the jump from birds to people, just not people to people ("it" is the H5N1 virus).

However, I have asked mr ehirtens to get all the homeopathic remedies we might need and some supplies like water, food etc, plus shitloads of tamiflu.

% prepared we are = 0%

So I don't think we are that freaked out here. Yet.

Yes, Edie you are correct.

I'm preparing for the bird flu by living in the filthiest apartment in all of upstate New York. My immune system is running at peak efficiency.

My company is having mandatory training on coping with bird flu next week. :hmm

We've gotten a memo and there's a Web site; that's it so far.

I am hoping this will be like the swine flu -- no issues here.

Oh, and bjorn, you have the right idea -- putting on the leather undies and waiting for the apocalypse.

I might be more worried if it was, like, bird Ebola.

Seriously -- unless something of such significance happens that there is a legitimate and immediate cause for alarm, I'm probably not going to do any preparation.

:lol It always cracks me up when someone uses such a formal term, rather than something like "spooge."

"Ejaculate" is so much more visually evocative than any slang in this case. Don'tcha think? :lol

Fucking filthy birds.

Seriously -- unless something of such significance happens that there is a legitimate and immediate cause for alarm, I'm probably not going to do any preparation.

M. Chris is segregating the compound as we speak.

Guest baseball bobblehead
Fucking filthy birds.

i don't recommend it at all. now i'm no doctor but i can only assume that fucking filthy birds is a bad idea even just for the salmonella threat.

your mileage may vary.

I'm preparing for the bird flu by living in the filthiest apartment in all of upstate New York. My immune system is running at peak efficiency.

:lol :thumbup

Though whenever I say things like that to the 'sicknote' character who works opposite me, he says that it is not the virus that kills you, but the reaction of the immune system i.e. the fittest will suffer the worst. I don't know what to believe. I am not going to shussshh away my semi-tame garden robin anyway (I am not yet on French kissing terms).