Pitchfork Music Festival

I'm heading up to Chicago from Dallas to check it out this weekend. I'm assuming there are plenty of VC'ers going. I'm particularly excited about Os Mutantes, Silver Jews, the National and Devendra Banhart. How about you guys?

sell your sunday ticket and come to Schuba's :thumbup
I am ready.......sadly Sunday is the day with all the cool (not temps) stuff.

I am dreading this entire weekend sadly. Just what I need, 12 hours in the sun with hot sweaty people trying to keep from passing out.

LouieB

I'm heading up to Chicago from Dallas to check it out this weekend. I'm assuming there are plenty of VC'ers going. I'm particularly excited about Os Mutantes, Silver Jews, the National and Devendra Banhart. How about you guys?
First time out I didn't see you were from Dallas...you are used to this heat I guess....

LouieB

I am ready.......sadly Sunday is the day with all the cool (not temps) stuff.

I am dreading this entire weekend sadly. Just what I need, 12 hours in the sun with hot sweaty people trying to keep from passing out.

LouieB

There was a time when that stuff didn't bother me....that time is long gone

Scott

There was a time when that stuff didn't bother me....that time is long gone

Scott

Well for me too...long long gone, but I am preparing to go. I suspect there will be LOTS of out of towners at this thing.

LouieB

so im home now. i left around 5. I was interested in seeing Walkmen & Ted Leo, but I was getting pretty tired from the heat. Im gonna be there all day tomorow because i want to see almost all the bands. Im not a wuss I work outside everyday in the summer for over 8 hours, just knew if i wanted to be there all day tomorrow and still work Monday I was gonna have to make a sacrifice.

Silver Jews were the highlight of the day for me. I'm totally fucking pooped though. I'm gonna get there a little bit later tomorrow, as there's 5 straight hours at the end of the day tomorrow that I'm going to be hyped up for (Mission of Burma, Glenn Kotche, Yo La Tengo, Spoon, Os Mutantes).