Now Playing - 7 August 2006

B000GH3CPM.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65000706_.jpg

What do you think? I was a little disappointed the first few times I heard it, apart from The Decline Of Country And Western Civilization which I thought was brilliant, but now I am really enjoying it. I Would Have Waited Here All Day and Fear are a couple of the tracks I am liking a lot at the moment.

NP.

201036-264718.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On first listen it washed over me quite nicely, though, with pretty much all Lambchops records ill need a few more listens before I fully appreciate it. I dont think it will better Nixon for me though...

i only have damaged & aw c'mon/no you c'mon. i need to check out nixonn.

Nixon is on a different level really. It's pretty much perfect. Also I'd recommend What Another Man Spills and Is A Woman too.

On first listen it washed over me quite nicely, though, with pretty much all Lambchops records ill need a few more listens before I fully appreciate it. I dont think it will better Nixon for me though...

Yeah exactly. No it's not as good as Nixon, but I don't think they are ever going to match that album.

what's it like me dear?

Tom Waits at his most drunken, Nick Cave at his most murderous, or Greg Cartwright at his sweetest.

It's streaming at Paper Bag Records and I would recommend jumping down to the 9th song - In With the Prim. It will start things off with a blast.

http://paperbagrecords.com/catalogue/secondathallam

Marketing blurb:

Secondathallam
Edited by lizish

Tapes is pretty good... it's great seeing a local band doing so well, but i think they're getting a wee bit too much hype honestly... but i can't fault them for that

new Lucero is pretty sweet, specially if you like early Bruce Springsteen

Tapes is pretty good... it's great seeing a local band doing so well, but i think they're getting a wee bit too much hype honestly... but i can't fault them for that

new Lucero is pretty sweet, specially if you like early Bruce Springsteen

:cheers I'll check 'em out.

It's amazing what a good pitchfork review can do for a band, huh?

I'd agree that the hype is a little thick, but I still like the album. Sort of like Band of Horses, though, a new band comes out with a good album, people catch on, it gets good reviews, and it gets hyped to the moon.

Edited by Eli Cash
It's amazing what a good pitchfork review can do for a band, huh?

I'd agree that the hype is a little thick, but I still like the album. Sort of like Band of Horses, though, a new band comes out with a good album, people catch on, it gets good reviews, and it gets hyped to the moon.

actually they got plenty of hype long before the Pitchfork review, the album came out last October and was buzzed about quite a bit in '05, the Pfork review just rocketed it even more though. it is a good album, but i think i don't even had it in my top 25 for last year if i recall.

as for BoH, was actually surprised Pfork gave it such a good review, i figured they'd give it a fairly ho-hum review, but i'm glad they did as it totally deserves it.

what the fuck is that?

http://www.myspace.com/girltalkmusic

it's pretty insane. gets old fast, but great party record