I have always found it a bit weird that they put a track from the last show on the So Many Roads boxset.

Well, the track is called So Many Roads. Have you listened it?! The most moving Jerry vocals I have EVER heard. I listen to that and I hear a man singing as if his life depended on it. It is very hard for me to listen to.

Well, the track is called So Many Roads. Have you listened it?! The most moving Jerry vocals I have EVER heard. I listen to that and I hear a man singing as if his life depended on it. It is very hard for me to listen to.

That's a sweet version.....Even back towards the end 'ol Jer could still show flashes of brilliance now and again. I love that quirky, percolating style of playing he had, very unique.

I think he is (was) one of a handful of guitar players you just know by the style of their playing.

Sadly missed

:(

I have always found it a bit weird that they put a track from the last show on the So Many Roads boxset.

I always thought it was very appropriate. Seeing as the collection was meant to be a career retrospective and that the song itself was one of the more inspired things he'd written in years (imo), that final So Many Roads makes a nice "fare thee well". I still remember that night in Chicago, thinking that Jerry was sounding rough as hell, but that there wasn't anywhere else in the world I'd rather be at the time. Besides that, Jer just rips that version up.

I always thought it was very appropriate. Seeing as the collection was meant to be a career retrospective and that the song itself was one of the more inspired things he'd written in years (imo), that final So Many Roads makes a nice "fare thee well". I still remember that night in Chicago, thinking that Jerry was sounding rough as hell, but that there wasn't anywhere else in the world I'd rather be at the time. Besides that, Jer just rips that version up.

The version in the So Many Roads box is actually 2 versions mixed into one. The intro part at the begining of the song is from an earlier date, then they spliced most of the Chicago version onto it. I believe they state that in the booklet that came with the box set. I persoanlly always liked the version from Salt Lake City in Feb 95. Regardless it's just a way great song.