Hearts of Summer held in trust

still tender, young and green

left on shelves collecting dust

not knowing what they mean

valentines of flesh and blood

as soft as velveteen

hoping love would not forsake

the days that lie between lie between

Garcia and Hunter true mystics...Goddess bless you both.

Hard to believe it's been 11 years. I was in Lynchburg, TN of all places, with my cousins from Scotland checking out the Jack Daniels distillery. We were driving back to Nashville and they kept playing Dead tunes on the radio (which they never do down here) I got to thinking "this is weird" and sure enough they announced it. Fucking bummer......

Anyways...every year on this day it's All Dead....gonna go home after work and listen to the Fillmore West box set and hit the pipe. :dead

I love Brokedown Palace...what a beautiful song! It always made me sad though in concert since it was usually the last song. But I love to hear it now!

Whenever I had lawn seats, I would always go to Jerry's side. I was never lucky enough to get reserved seats on his side--usually far left or back in the center. If only the circus was coming back to town!

At the funeral, Dylan was at his open caskit...sharing a final moment with his brother. Bob bowed and tried to sneak off. Deborah said Bob, Bob! and grabbed his arm. With bright red eyes, Bob tells Deborah that Jerry was the only one who was always there for me.

I want to collect as many audio interviews with Jerry that are out there. He was a man of love and peace, with unmatched intellect and insight.

I miss you Jerry!!! I will always listen to the river! Thanks for everything!

Hard to believe it's been 11 years. I was in Lynchburg, TN of all places, with my cousins from Scotland checking out the Jack Daniels distillery. We were driving back to Nashville and they kept playing Dead tunes on the radio (which they never do down here) I got to thinking "this is weird" and sure enough they announced it. Fucking bummer......

I was living up in Boulder when he died, working in a restaurant with a bunch of yahoos who began actually cheering when it was announced over the kitchen radio. A friend stopped by an hour later and i used an excuse to take the rest of the day off. We headed up to the mountains to a pal's house and met a bunch of other buddies. We all sat around reminiscing and drinking.

Merl Saunders played that night (the 9th) in Boulder. It was a great place to be as Merl payed homage through his music, much of which was usually performed with JG.

My favorite all time show outside of some '70 and '71. Lots of debuts but the ' They Love Each Other ' remains my all time favorite version of any live Dead tune.

Heard the version on DP 29, Lakeland, FL 77? That and the Row Jimmy are delightfully sloppy and dirty, and inspired. It's one of my favorites.

Heard the version on DP 29, Lakeland, FL 77? That and the Row Jimmy are delightfully sloppy and dirty, and inspired. It's one of my favorites.

I don't believe so. The majority of my boots are still on tape and I kinda stopped collecting awhile ago. I was shocked last year when I saw how many DP's there are now. I remember waiting impatiently for them to release them faster when they first came out.

I don't believe so. The majority of my boots are still on tape and I kinda stopped collecting awhile ago. I was shocked last year when I saw how many DP's there are now. I remember waiting impatiently for them to release them faster when they first came out.

I had taped this one off the Dead Hour years ago, wore it out, and was happy when it became an official release.

I'm digging this Buffalo 79. :cheers

Thank you Jerry.

I believe the world was a better place with you in it.

Thanks for all you have left behind.

I still enjoy it and I will use it wisely.

Catch ya on the other side.

Wharf rat down

way down

down, down by the docks of the city,

Blind and dirty

asked me for a dime--

dime for a cup of coffee

I got no dime but

I got time to hear his story:

My name is August West

and I love my Pearly Baker best

more than my wine

...more than My wine

more than my maker

though he's no friend of mine

Everyone said

I'd come to no good

I knew I would

Pearly believed them

Half of my life

I spent doin' time for

some other fucker's crime

Other half found me stumbling around

drunk on burgundy wine

But I'll get back

on my feet someday

The good Lord willing

if He says I may

'cause I know the life I'm

livin's no good

I'll get a new start

live the life I should

I'll get up and fly away

I'll get up and

fly away...

...fly away

Pearly's been true

true to me, true to my dying day he said

I said to him:

I'm sure she's been

I said to him:

I'm sure she's been true to you

I got up and wandered

Wandered downtown

nowhere to go

just to hang around

I got a girl

named Bonny Lee

I know that girl's been true to me

I know she's been

I'm sure she's been

true to me

When I heard JG had passed on, I was at work, wearing my tie/pressed white shirt-no freak flag flying-I remember being stunned. I got up from my desk and wandered about my office, somewhat staggering around-I recall my head swimming in emotion. I had seen Jerry just a few weeks before-Jerry was quite obviously in terrible shape-so this news wasnt the biggest surprise but it still felt like a 2x4 to the back of my head. I've not yet lost anyone close to me but losing JG was a tough one.

Yeah, they cheered. Boneheads.

For anyone interested and without access, here's an excellent version of Dancin' ->Franklin's from November '79 in Buffalo that's always been one of my favorites. Fantastic guitar work on both. The Jack Straw is ferocious, as well.

http://stash.nugs.net/attics/frames.asp?pa...4&cmd=shows

Thanks,Lammy :thumbup I haven't heard this but it's almost as good as the one from Cape Cod on 10/27/79...that's a killer set!

As I said on 8/1,for 8 daze it's all Jerry here...a nice way to remember good times and of course be surprised by some off-the-wall licks.

As crazy as this may seem to non-initiates,I was actually way more sad when Jer passed than I have been at a number of my relatives passing on...didn't even know the guy...but I guess in a way I did :music

Scott

I was living up in Boulder when he died, working in a restaurant with a bunch of yahoos who began actually cheering when it was announced over the kitchen radio. A friend stopped by an hour later and i used an excuse to take the rest of the day off. We headed up to the mountains to a pal's house and met a bunch of other buddies. We all sat around reminiscing and drinking.

Merl Saunders played that night (the 9th) in Boulder. It was a great place to be as Merl payed homage through his music, much of which was usually performed with JG.

I remember getting a call early that morning from a good friend telling me about Jerry, I had to wake my husband out of a dead sleep to let him know the news, we just sat around in shock all day and watched the tube on mute and listened to nothing but GD all day. I had a friend who just didn't get it she called me later that night and was being a smart butt about and said so are you going to his funeral, I thought how rude and thought she was a few choice words that I will not type out, but you understand. Sure do miss the old guy and getting excited for summer tour dates. :upset