I saw them a week ago in San Francisco--hot damn, great band, great show, GREAT TUNES! I had almost forgotten that Karl Wallinger is such an amazing songwriter. It was great to see his health has returned; you wouldn't have known he suffered any setbacks, judging by his onstage presence. I hope their next hiatus doesn't last as long.

I was going to suggest you catch the opener Elvis Perkins, but I see the Australian legend Paul Kelly is opening instead. He's definitely worth checking out too.

I saw them a week ago in San Francisco--hot damn, great band, great show, GREAT TUNES! I had almost forgotten that Karl Wallinger is such an amazing songwriter. It was great to see his health has returned; you wouldn't have known he suffered any setbacks, judging by his onstage presence. I hope their next hiatus doesn't last as long.

I was going to suggest you catch the opener Elvis Perkins, but I see the Australian legend Paul Kelly is opening instead. He's definitely worth checking out too.

Sounds great. Thanks for the info!!

Crazzeee :blink

Just heard "Way Down Now" on Sirius, wondered where they've been, then all of a sudden there's a World Party thread.

Goodbye Jumbo was a GREAT album!! So many wonderful songs. I can only hope Karl plays a few songs off that album. Looking forward to Sweet Soul Dream!

... I see the Australian legend Paul Kelly is opening instead. He's definitely worth checking out too.

Wow that's a blast from the past. I had this once, at about the same time I was listening to Midnight Oil also:-

B000007U6J.01._AA130_SCMZZZZZZZ_V1056640273_.jpg

1987 Album GOSSIP

1 LAST TRAIN TO HEAVEN

2 LEAPS AND BOUNDS

3 BEFORE THE OLD MAN DIED

4 DOWN ON MY SPEEDWAY

5 WHITE TRAIN

6 RANDWICK BELLS

7 BEFORE TOO LONG :music

8 ADELAIDE

9 I WON'T BE TORN APART

10 GOING ABOUT MY FATHER'S BUSINESS

11 SOMEBODY'S FORGETTING SOMEBODY (SOMEBODY'S LETTING SOMEBODY DOWN)

12 THE BALLROOM

13 TIGHTEN UP

14 I'VE COME FOR YOU DAUGHTER

15 SO BLUE

16 THE EXECUTION

17 INCIDENT ON SOUTH DOWLING STREET

18 MARALINGA (RAINY LAND) :thumbup

19 DARLING IT HURTS :rock

20 LOOK SO FINE, FEEL SO LOW

21 STORIES OF ME

22 DON'T HARM THE MESSENGER

23 GOSSIP

24 AFTER THE SHOW

About three quarters of it is very good indeed as I remember.

I saw them a week ago in San Francisco--hot damn, great band, great show, GREAT TUNES!

No review? :hmm

Full report??

I'd love to catch World Party but seems like he's sticking to the states for the time being...

Turned out to be a great show. Karl was in a great mood. Played songs off all albums. Sorry I do not have a set. list. These are the ones that stand out.

(Opened with) Put the message in the box

Love Street

Sweet Soul Dream

Is It Like Today

Ship of Fools

Is It Like Today

Way Down Now

I Thought You Were A Spy (Dumbing Up) Great song personal favorite along with sweet soul dream

I can not say enough about the band. They were TIGHT!!!!! Lead guitar, fiddle, accordian,.........absolutely incredible.

The audience would not leave after Ship of Fools. (last song in first oncore)

Came back to sing Sunshine. CHILLS all the way home.

I heard they are on there way to Chicago in a couple of week. To all VC members, I would not miss there show!!!!!

I heard they are on there way to Chicago in a couple of week. To all VC members, I would not miss there show!!!!!

Glad to read these recommendations, I will be venturing out alone for this tomorrow nite. Goodbye Jumbo was my favorite album in ninth grade!

Sam, I did the solo thing too and ended up having a wonderful time. You'll be quite young for the crowd, if the show here is any indication!

Speaking of, the gig in SF was being audio- and videotaped (gotta love the Great American Music Hall), so hopefully some footage will surface at some point.

Uyen, you were right, I was the youngest EXCEPT for this like 17 year old kid who stood next to me and kept asking the band tech questions DURING THE SHOW.

Great setlist though, all the hits, most of Goodbye Jumbo. I really need to spend some time with Dumbing Up, I got distracted by the DVD.

• 3 weeks later...