Public Enemy-Yo! Bum Rush the Show

Public Enemy-It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back

Boogie Down Productions-By All Means Necessary

Eric B & Rakim-Follow the Leader

Jaylib-Champion Sound

EPMD - Strictly Business

Run-D.M.C.-Tougher Than Leather

Stetsasonic-In Full Gear

Schoolly D-Schoolly D(For "P.S.K. What Does It Mean?", "Gucci Time", and "Put Your Filas On It" alone. For cd you'll have to go with the Best Of record I think, I have this on casette and don't believe it was ever released on cd. Maybe it was though.)

No particular order.

Allow me to digress for an instant,

A week from now the new Roots comes out.

And I implore the dear lord above near nightly to adhear to this one demand,

that "Game Theory" won't suck.

The Predator is a fantastic album, the track 'Wicked' is still one of my favorites of all time.

I have been on a Pete Rock binge lately, that man can make some serious magic. also, that Craig Mack album is the shit.

Pete Rock is amazing. and Craig Mack is defintitely a case of "One Album Wonder". based on that first album, he should be a top player in the hip hop world today. dunno what went wrong with his career.

Damn. I might need to make a new list. Forgot about these two. Nicely done, Pervy.

thanks. I just realized a bunch of shit I left off the list. I have to apologize to Redman.

Great stuff on here.

Some of my other favorites that I didn't see mentioned.

Big Daddy Kane - Long Live the Kane

LL Cool J - BAD -

Ice Cube - Amerikkka's Most Wanted

Slick Rick - The Great Adventures of Slick Rick

and

The single and B-side of LaDiDaDi / The Show by MC Ricky D (Slick Rick) and Doug E. Fresh.

Ya smell me?

Allow me to digress for an instant,

A week from now the new Roots comes out.

And I implore the dear lord above near nightly to adhear to this one demand,

that "Game Theory" won't suck.

I've heard it. It's good. Real good. Better than "The Tipping Point."

1. The Low End Theory - A Tribe Called Quest

2. Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde - The Pharcyde

3. Resurrection - Common

4. Hard to Earn - Gang Starr

5. 3 Feet High and Rising - De La Soul

6. Midnight Marauders - A Tribe Called Quest

7. People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm - A Tribe Called Quest

8. Labcabincalifornia - The Pharcyde

9. No More Mr. Nice Guy - Gang Starr

10. New World Order - Poor Righteous Teachers

edit: I just realised that I was the first person to mention Gang Starr and... I'm pretty sure The Pharcyde too.

What's up with that? I can understand The Pharcyde, but Gang Starr has been a presence for so long and DJ Premier is a god.

Edited by BobsRevenge
that's not saying much...

:whoo

It's not quite as good as "Things Fall Apart," but it's very solid and brings back Malik B and Dice Raw on some tracks.

they've just been way inconsistant for me with their '00 and later records is all

not to say they've not had some great tracks on each reocrd (same w/ Outkast), but still...

sadly even my fave current hip hop groups (J5, Roots, etc.) are succumbing to the typical R&B female hooks to try and sell a few more records.

edit: I just realised that I was the first person to mention Gang Starr and... I'm pretty sure The Pharcyde too.

What's up with that? I can understand The Pharcyde, but Gang Starr has been a presence for so long and DJ Premier is a god.

As soon as I saw Hard To Earn on your list I was all "SNAP!" I used to love that one- but I only had it on tape, years ago. Oh, and The Pharcyde topped my list. :cheers

this would require a lot of time on my part. so many old rap albums i haven't heard in years.

Yeah, this thread has inspired me to dip into all my old school rap albums at home. Its been awhile since I listened to many of them. Its been a blast.

i've been listening to the first del album a lot lately. i forgot how great it really is. i don't know if my list would include any rap album made after 1994

Maybe not my Top 10, but there is some great indie/underground stuff that was actually the catalyst to spark my interest back up in the whole genre...

People Under the Stairs

Giant Panda

Mr. Lif

Edan

Diverse

Lyrics Born

OhMega Watts

MF Doom

Good shit bubbling up underneath the sludge dominating the airwaves. Worth checking out. Speaking of Del, I nabbed a great new track (360 degrees) from DJ Craze, Del, Mr. Lif & Push Button Objects...way cool and it's going on the mix.