the president takes an oath to uphold and defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign AND domestic. violating that oath is a high crime (as in high crimes and misdemeanors). the warrantless wiretapping is a blatent violation of the fourth amendment, and the federal courts have said so. that was a violation of the constitution AND a violation of the oath -- AND THAT'S JUST ONE SMALL EXAMPLE of what these plutocrats have done.

i'm NOT saying bush is hitler, or hitler-like, or anything of the sort, but he certainly fits the definition of a fascist in his insistence that only article II of the constitution matters, with article II section II as the supreme portion. that's far closer to treason than any patriotic question of the incompetent boob severely damaging our country and our democratic institutions with impunity.

I think those are all points worth discussion, I was just wondering whether what you're talking about is more geared towards impeachment than treason.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God Cryptique was there to let me know that I don't fit his mold of permitted thought/existence.

I just thought I'd re-post that so everyone can enjoy it again.

All I've done in this thread is point out that it's difficult to take someone seriously who throws the word "treasonous" around so casually, and to ask you for examples of treasonous (or "frighteningly close to treasonous") utterings of elected officials. Beyond that, I used some of your own words against you, something that obviously pissed you off -- a lot, because since then you've been acting like a spoiled child.

At this point I don't even need to say anything else. You've shown your true colors, and they don't paint a pretty picture. You entered this thread with insults, you then got belligerent, and when things didn't go your way, you threw a tantrum and claimed you were being attacked. I've dealt with your kind before, and this is the usual pattern -- you're a pretty predictable lot.

and as to quotes bordering on treason, I've already explained ad nauseum my poor choice of words

OK, I see that you eventually retracted the word "treason." Treason is an extremely serious charge, and that's why we pressed you for examples. If you're going to drop bombs like that, be prepared to back them up. That's all we were saying. If you think that's an attack, fine.

and if you think I'm about to give you more fodder to rip me a new one, then I implore you to hold your breath. You're the most discourteous and smug poster I've ever encountered on this board, and I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from addressing me in the future, unless it consists of an apology.

Who needs comedians when I've got you?

"implore you to hold your breath." :rotfl

where is there a blanket "violating the constitution" provision in the Consitution's definition of treason?

there's no law that says "don't break the law" either. treason is simply subverting or overthrowing the government. in the US, the formal government IS the constitution, not the men who hold the offices, as the government actually is composed of the citizens. quite simply, intentionally violating the constitution to subvert the structure of the government is treason.

i don't like impeachments because they're always politcal (with a few judiciary exceptions). however, no president has had as much contempt for the constitution since andrew jackson. jackson really should have been impeached as well, but that's another discussion.

Edited by anodyne
At this point I don't even need to say anything else. You've shown your true colors, and they don't paint a pretty picture.

You don't know the first thing about me, and don't have the slightest interest in doing so.

And you obviously don't know when to stop.

I just figured out what POS stands for. I'm hurt. :no

I apologize for the remark. As angry as the post made me, I shouldn't have gone there. Cryptique and others have really gotten under my skin, and I've not been too wise with some of my subsequent posts. I have had some really bad and stressful family news, but that shouldn't enter into or affect my etiquette. Again, I apologize.

Neil

I apologize for the remark. As angry as the post made me, I shouldn't have gone there. Cryptique and others have really gotten under my skin, and I've not been too wise with some of my subsequent posts. I have had some really bad and stressful family news, but that shouldn't enter into or affect my etiquette. Again, I apologize.

Neil

Triple Ganesh action!

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Wow, I haven't checked in here in about a day and I'm kind of amazed that this thread turned into an actual fight. :blink The thread started as a simple joke based on W doing something that, by all accounts, seems pretty out of character for him.

Is that mean-spirited of us? Maybe. But with another couple years still looming on the horizon, this adminstration has (and for many of us, has had for a long time) the feel of being an albatross around the country's neck...a burned to be endured (and, hopefully, survived). Forgive us for indulging in a little gallows humor from time to time. It keeps us sane during a time in which those of us with substantial disagreements with the administration feel like we have little, if any, voice in our nation's representation. You want nuanced criticisms of specific policies? Fine, but lets bring that to a different discussion thread.(or a different board) This thread is simply about cracking jokes about W trying to polish his image by being seen reading certain books.

I'm done with all this.

Neil --

In case you didn't know, Bjorn's Ganesha is used for vibes (in this case, for you and your situation). Three of them is the ultimate. Bask in them while your family situation sorts itself out.

Neil --

In case you didn't know, Bjorn's Ganesha is used for vibes (in this case, for you and your situation). Three of them is the ultimate. Bask in them while your family situation sorts itself out.

I appreciate the clarifying email--I took nothing but a smile from Bjorn's post. My earlier comment was directed at others. Thanks for your post though, it was very kind.

Wow, I haven't checked in here in about a day and I'm kind of amazed that this thread turned into an actual fight. :blink The thread started as a simple joke based on W doing something that, by all accounts, seems pretty out of character for him.

Is that mean-spirited of us? Maybe. But with another couple years still looming on the horizon, this adminstration has (and for many of us, has had for a long time) the feel of being an albatross around the country's neck...a burned to be endured (and, hopefully, survived). Forgive us for indulging in a little gallows humor from time to time. It keeps us sane during a time in which those of us with substantial disagreements with the administration feel like we have little, if any, voice in our nation's representation. You want nuanced criticisms of specific policies? Fine, but lets bring that to a different discussion thread.(or a different board) This thread is simply about cracking jokes about W trying to polish his image by being seen reading certain books.

Amen. It was meant as a joke. I've read my share of Camus and it just struck a cord with me that 'W' would read him (and comprehend him) when he can barely read his own speeches. I thought it was genuinely funny. I mean with the state of the world and the U.S.A. in general who can't use a good laugh? Leno gets on Bush every night. When I logged on after a couple of days I was surprised this thread went the way it did. Why can't Bush backers take a joke? They elected one. A very dangerous one at that. B)