He gets a certain amount of respect from me: less than zero.

He has turned a budget surplus into a monstrous budget deficit. He has squandered our good relations with nearly every other country on earth. His illegal and immoral war on Iraq (and next, Iran and Syria, probably just in time for the primaries) is shameful beyond belief. He and his gang of thieves have wiped their asses with the Constitution and Bill of Rights. He has dragged the office of Most Powerful Man In The World down to a level thought inconceivable just a few short years ago. His incompetence, willful ignorance, arrogance, religious fanatacism, and just plain boorishness have made him not only the shame of Texas, but also the shame of the United States of America. He is as much a turd blossom as his buddy Karl Rove, another morally bankrupt straw man piece of pigshit.

Furthermore, I don't consider him "my" representative or "commander in chief" in any way, shape, or form, and firmly believe that he has never legally been the President of this once-great country, having twice stolen the election ... once, most likely through the Supreme Court's illegal recount stoppage, and secondly, through disenfranchisment of thousands, if not millions, of voters (along with possible voter fraud via Diebold voting machines). His administration has turned us into the most-feared and most-hated nation on earth. A majority of Europeans polled have reported that they consider GWB the biggest threat to world peace.

He is not fit for the office of cleaning my toilet much less the office of President. And if I ever had occasion to spend a moment with him, I would be pleased to tell him so to his face.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said the whole world loved us. But at least in the "Pre-Georgie" days, our allies weren't all scared of and/or completely disapproving of us. He has not just made the people who hate us hate us more; he and his administration have given ALL countries, including our greatest allies, good reason to despise and fear us. Heckuva job, Georgie!

A few links:

http://www.hinduonnet.com/2001/08/17/stories/0317000j.htm

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/2005/10/1...eign_policy.php

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/20...rter-bush_x.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3807139.stm

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/161...research19.html

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.htm...DAB0894DE404482

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=259

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/4...shs_policy.html

http://www.michigandaily.com/media/storage...chigandaily.com

And Iraq squandered the moment of goodwill much of the world had for us post-Sept. 11. Stupidest thing this country's ever done. I pray to God that the Democrats get control of at least one house of Congress so all these neocon shitheads can be crucified before the nation and the world.

oh. well, hell, I didn't realize Jimmy Carter was disappointed with Bush. That changes everything. :ermm

Thank you for the links, though, at least your opinions are informed, even if we disagree on certain points. I couldn't be more disappointed with Bush's fiscal policies, which are a slap in the face to principles of fiscal conservatism...

I opposed the Iraq war from the beginning. The Democrats, by and large, decided to go the way of the wussy.

I pray to God that the Democrats get control of at least one house of Congress so all these neocon shitheads can be crucified before the nation and the world.

Are you serious, or are you just getting a contact-high from the all-Republicans-are-evil sentiments around here?

No, I was being serious. I think the overly aggressive neoconservative approach to the use of our nation's military needs to be thoroughly discredited. It's as wrong as segregationalism, flat-earthism and the belief that Neil Armstrong never landed on the moon.

No, I was being serious. I think the overly aggressive neoconservative approach to the use of our nation's military needs to be thoroughly discredited. It's as wrong as segregationalism, flat-earthism and the belief that Neil Armstrong never landed on the moon.

so you're calling for all congressional conservatives to be nailed to crosses and forced to die through asphyxia.

I always knew liberals were tolerant and forgiving. It's nice to see that in the flesh.

I'm always up for arguing the counterpoint, but W, performance-wise, in office has blown any modicum of respect i'd give to an acting President out of the water. I don't think he should be hung on a cross, but he has fucked up things for a while to come.

QFT.

This isn't a Democrats vs. Republicans thing. Most Republicans, by now, have realized that Bush is a joke (at best).

ahhh, if we could only go back to 2000, when the whole world--especially predominately islamic countries--just LOVED the United States. :ermm

i was wondering how long it would take until you accused the president's critics of hating america.

Most Republicans, by now, have realized that Bush is a joke (at best).

My mom is nearing 60, is the church secretary for a fundamentalist Bible church, self-identifies as a member of the Religious Right, and has voted Republican her entire adult life. And even she is fed up with W.

And Iraq squandered the moment of goodwill much of the world had for us post-Sept. 11. Stupidest thing this country's ever done. I pray to God that the Democrats get control of at least one house of Congress so all these neocon shitheads can be crucified before the nation and the world.

No, he called for neocons to be removed from office by democratic election. What an asshole, eh?

Also, not all conservatives are neocons.

My mom is nearing 60, is the church secretary for a fundamentalist Bible church, self-identifies as a member of the Religious Right, and has voted Republican her entire adult life. And even she is fed up with W.

I am fed up with certain aspects of his tenure as President as well. But I don't think that he is too stupid to read a book, which is what started this whole discussion in the first place.

so you're calling for all congressional conservatives to be nailed to crosses and forced to die through asphyxia.

I always knew liberals were tolerant and forgiving. It's nice to see that in the flesh.

Clicky

i was wondering how long it would take until you accused the president's critics of hating america.

what an absurd piece of inferencing. I do not think that someone who criticizes Bush hates America. I was commenting on the fact that many critics of this administration seem to live in a dream world in which fundamentalist islamics never had a problem with the United States until George Bush became president.

I'm not really a liberal in the tree-hugging, NPR-listening sense. I'm more of a quasi-libertarian who typically votes for the Democrats because I think that while neither party is really on the side of working-class people like myself, the Dems are slightly more likely to help us out. (I voted for Nader in 2000, in New York, where I figured it wouldn't make a difference.)

And I'm not a pacifist either; I was fully in favor of overthrowing the Taliban, as they harbored al-Qaida, which poses a direct and material threat to our American asses. I worry that our Iraq adventure diverted resources from the fight against al-Qaida. And I think Israel is within its rights to use force against Hezbollah and have posted so on this board.

All Iraq has really proved is that we're prone to making really bad decisions. And when you have the strongest military in the world and use it like a crank-addled guest on Jerry Springer, that's bound to make the rest of the world nervous. I will conclude with a quote from Camus:

"I should like to be able to love my country and still love justice. I don't want just any greatness for it, particularly a greatness born of blood and falsehood. I want to keep it alive by keeping justice alive."

Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1961.

Even if it means I have to pay $8 a gallon for gas.

I'm not really a liberal in the tree-hugging, NPR-listening sense. I'm more of a quasi-libertarian who typically votes for the Democrats because I think that while neither party is really on the side of working-class people like myself, the Dems are slightly more likely to help us out. (I voted for Nader in 2000, in New York, where I figured it wouldn't make a difference.)

And I'm not a pacifist either; I was fully in favor of overthrowing the Taliban, as they harbored al-Qaida, which poses a direct and material threat to our American asses. I worry that our Iraq adventure diverted resources from the fight against al-Qaida. And I think Israel is within its rights to use force against Hezbollah and have posted so on this board.

All Iraq has really proved is that we're prone to making really bad decisions. And when you have the strongest military in the world and use it like a crank-addled guest on Jerry Springer, that's bound to make the rest of the world nervous. I will conclude with a quote from Camus:

"I should like to be able to love my country and still love justice. I don't want just any greatness for it, particularly a greatness born of blood and falsehood. I want to keep it alive by keeping justice alive."

Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1961.

Even if it means I have to pay $8 a gallon for gas.

Very good points. Thank you for clarifying your position rather than resorting to smart-ass insults.

It's not gonna happen.

With all the Bush-bashing and the tolerance to Islamic terrorism, Dems are not going to "get control". They are weak in the eyes of Americans when it comes to fighting terror. Times are changing people and I'm not sure we have room for bleeding heart policies anymore. When people mention

Jerry Springer,

Who, by the way, will be on Dancing With The Stars this coming season.

Look, I don't blame the guy for any of this shit. I blame the conniving right-hand who shoots people in their asses for no reasons at all. Bush is pretty much Cheney's puppet.

Anyways, I really hope Strickland takes the Guv for Ohio, which'll help the Dems pull a win in '08. It's fairly unlikely, since the bastard Blackwell screwed over our voting requirements, almost adding a poll tax. What a bastard.

Kind of related?

Edited by poortranslator
that's why I asked the poster if he was serious, to which he replied that he was.

But his reply was obviously an extension of his hyperbole.

Pretty weak, my friend--but it does lend itself to a good joke about irony.

In all seriousness, though, you've let a little comic exaggeration get the best of you: I don't think anyone really believes that President Bush is incapable of reading a book, even a long one. I personally think he is a man of reasonable intelligence who holds deeply flawed ideas about policy and governance--if he were a true moron, he'd be a lot less scary.