Given the chatter on here about Ted Leo, I went and checked out his free show last night at South Street Seaport in NYC. Fantastic stuff. Thanks peeps. A new Ted Leo convert is born.

Awesome. Ted's good people. :thumbup

Excellent show last night at the Seaport. The band played a good mix of songs from the records, Ted covered Dirty Old Town solo in the encore, closed with a full band cover of Suspect Device, and they played a bunch of new songs that sounded good. I hope that he continues to play these annual free shows there. They are really a treat. We also got a pretty good set from Tokyo Police Club and a set from DC Snipers who were a lot of fun. It was a really great night of free music. Can't beat that.

Anyone here follow Ted while In Chisel? I've seen the Pharmacists and they are excellent, but seeing Chisel in a tiny, grubby, punk club in Indianapolis in 1996 was something truly special. I still listen to "8 AM All Day" fairly often.

Anyone here follow Ted while In Chisel? I've seen the Pharmacists and they are excellent, but seeing Chisel in a tiny, grubby, punk club in Indianapolis in 1996 was something truly special. I still listen to "8 AM All Day" fairly often.

I got into Chisel after discovering Ted Leo back in 2002, so I never got to see them live. I have the Nothing New EP, 8 A.M. All Day, and Set You Free, and love them all.