• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I fail to see how getting paid to give cars away and filling the audience with scripted sycophants actually meets the litmus test of helping people. there are actually zillions of wealthy people (some I even know in greenwich) who manage to get successful, help others all the while not requiring shoulder surgery from patting themselves on the back. she may do some good but to act like any criticism of her empire is unwarranted is silly.

You think that the people in the audience or that watch her on TV are the only ones that benefit from her?

I just looked on her site (for the first time btw), and I see that she has, along with Habitat for Humanity, arranged to build and decorate 50 homes for people whose homes were lost in Katrina.

Here's a pic:

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200511/20...3_284_302.jhtml

Publicity hound? You bet. Do these people give a rats ass? No.

She's absolutely a publicity hound, and that is absolutely annoying. But the world is filled with publicity hounds, and Oprah is at least looking for publicity for her good deeds instead of something less beneficial to mankind. Even if it's all just for a pat on the back, who cares? The point is, she's doing things that help people.

I don't care if I ever hear about her again, but I hope she continues to pile money into all sorts of good causes.

EDIT: Yeah, what Edie said.

Edited by MrRain422

IMDB Nugget O' Trivia :

To prepare for her role as a slave in the movie Beloved, Oprah Winfrey went through a 24-hour simulation of the experience of slavery, which included being tied up and blindfolded and left alone in the woods.

And you guys are questioning her integrity?????????

You think that the people in the audience or that watch her on TV are the only ones that benefit from her?

honestly I don't care. in my view she would need to turn water into wine to make up for the crap she fills the airwaves with. I mean, come on, she's responsible for Dr. Phil.