Dylan/Lennon on YouTube

It's an out take from Eat The Document, and is featured as a bonus feature on the 2003 upgrade from Watchdog. If you pay close enough attention you will realize that Bob pukes, while Lennon stares out the window with disgust.

Cassius

This is some of the stupidest and most embarrassing footage ever. Dylan should actually put out Eat the Document officially in order to get rid of that stupid add-on. It is embarrassing for him and for poor John Lennon who is trying to remain somewhat dignified.

LouieB

This is some of the stupidest and most embarrassing footage ever. Dylan should actually put out Eat the Document officially in order to get rid of that stupid add-on. It is embarrassing for him and for poor John Lennon who is trying to remain somewhat dignified.

LouieB

Yeah, of course all those reporters and fans that Dylan rips the piss out of in Don't Look Back really feel a million bucks every time they see their clips. Obviously though, famous people shouldn't be shown in a negative light, ever. True, it's a boring clip, but lots of people think other clips are boring in the film which I don't, so I won't judge it based on that. The fact that they aren't on film together anywhere else makes it worthy of being shown, if for no other reason than that.

The fact that they aren't on film together anywhere else makes it worthy of being shown, if for no other reason than that.

Not to mention, they both knew they were being filmed in that car, and who knows if this isnt just act. I suppose Dylan pukes at one point so that probably wasnt planned, but either way, what kind of argument is "it shouldnt be shown"? It was documented, it exists, and its out there. So its going to be shown. People can choose to watch it or not, but what kind of argument is that this footage shouldnt even be shown? It isnt flattering so people shouldnt be able to see it? :hmm

If anything, I think this footage makes them more human. I mean, who hasnt been in both Dylan's and Lennon's shoes? One -- too messed up and making a fool out of oneself, and the other too messed up and frustrated with the actions of his friend. I feel like that could have been me and a friend in a car at one point in my life (maybe not to the same degree) and for that, it seems like a worthy document. Assuming that this isnt all an act, it seems to me that this is the first time I have seen either of these two guys let their guard down -- and like Hank said -- the fact that they are doing it together at the same time, is damn interesting to me.

Not so interesting that I have any desire to see it more than the one time I just saw it. But certainly interesting enough that I am very glad that I stumbled across it on youtube. And interesting enough that I thought to post it here in case others hadnt seen it...

Well it certainly is sort of interesting to see Dylan totally undone and Lennon more than a bit irritated by it. (Too bad they aren't playing music, now that would have been something to see over and over.)

Having seen it a couple times, I don't really need to see it that often, but I suppose it has some interest, in a kind of weird way. (Wouldn't it be great if they had a film crew there the day Dylan turned the Beatles on???)

LouieB