Anyone have any questions for Explosions in the Sky?

Tell them Band of Horses really really wants to do a project with them. Then get Band of Horses on the phone and tell them the same thing. Name some studio and have both bands agree to meet the other one there. When both bands show up and confusion ensues, act all innocent and suggest that maybe it was "the muses" making some crank calls and oh dip, you just remembered you have some Coronas on ice in the back room and why doesn't everybody just chill for awhile and maybe jam a bit?

Then press record in the engineer booth and relax with a frosty Corona. Easy peasy.

I know they have many many dates scheduled for spring/summer after the new record comes out in February. They also may or may not be opening a bunch of dates for Modest Mouse.

eek, i kind of hope they're not on the bill with modest mouse for too many shows. i've alwys wanted to see them in an intimate setting with their fans, it would be incredible. great opportunity with this interview...good luck, sorry i don't have any questions, i'm not so good at that. please post about the experience and your article when it's done!

yeah, as small of a band as EITS are (they sell like 10-15k records or less each time out), i'd really hate to have to see them at a theater, not to mention for $25-30+.

i've only seen them twice, once in '01 opening for Trail of Dead at the 7th Street Entry (capacity of like 200), which was my first exposure to them, totally blew my mind. and then again in '03 at The Cave in Northfield, in front of like 100-ish college kids, maybe 10-15 of which actually knew who the band was (Adem opened as well), but by the end of the show they had the entire crowd mesmorized

yeah, as small of a band as EITS are (they sell like 10-15k records or less each time out), i'd really hate to have to see them at a theater, not to mention for $25-30+.

Actually they have sold about 100k records in the U.S. alone. This does not include the Friday Night Lights OST.

i'm talking each individual record, not together

last time i checked their highest selling record was Earth at like 18k? maybe it's a bit higher than that now.

be curious how many copies the FNL soundtrack has sold, but i'm thinking less than 20k (you can still buy the vinyl which is limited to 1000)

point is, they're still an insanely tiny band in the grand scheme (consider that the last Modest Mouse record has sold almost 2 million in the US now), and not even remotely on the level of similiar bands (Mogwai, Sigur Ros, etc.). their interest has grown a lot over the last 2-3 years though, i remember when i first saw them i couldn't find ANY information online about them (they didn't even have a website themselves)

Tell them Band of Horses really really wants to do a project with them. Then get Band of Horses on the phone and tell them the same thing. Name some studio and have both bands agree to meet the other one there. When both bands show up and confusion ensues, act all innocent and suggest that maybe it was "the muses" making some crank calls and oh dip, you just remembered you have some Coronas on ice in the back room and why doesn't everybody just chill for awhile and maybe jam a bit?

Then press record in the engineer booth and relax with a frosty Corona. Easy peasy.

This kind of thing makes reading threads I'm not inherently interested in worthwhile. :cheers