Black Crowes - MFF

That's true, I should be happy for Marc that he is trying to stay clean and sober (if indeed he is). I know it's been a rough trip for him and that he has a lot of problems, not just that he has been a junkie on and off for years.

Back in the day Marc was more than a guitarist - he was Chris's best friend. It's hard to recreate that feeling after the years of resentment that must have built up.

just watched two Koln, Germany shows from 92 and 95 (thank you thank you thank you dimeadozen) last night and just got sad, thinking about this thread. what a great freakin' band in that narrow window.

just watched two Koln, Germany shows from 92 and 95 (thank you thank you thank you dimeadozen) last night and just got sad, thinking about this thread. what a great freakin' band in that narrow window.

Ever seen the Lions release concert/Q&A film? I have it.

this kind of comes out of leftfield IMO.. i got the chance to hang out with Chris and others recently.. definately didn't see this coming

if it was drug related id be suprised bc from what i saw it is everywhere.. im sure Chris has a lot going through his head right now because of the divorce also

hope it all works out

I went to the Crowes show Friday night in Reading, PA not expecitng much. Boy was I surprised how good it was. 3 hours, 2 Sets, w/ 2 new guys who have been in the band for what? a couple days? Yeah Stacey didn't know all the songs & Rich was trying to show him how to play them as they were playing them but when it can time to solo he ripped it up. Give them time & they might be just as good as they were before w/ Ford, even now their better then most bands out there. When etree gets back up download the show & give a honest listen, it might surprise you. Don't sell your tickets just yet!

I went to the Crowes show Friday night in Reading, PA not expecitng much. Boy was I surprised how good it was. 3 hours, 2 Sets, w/ 2 new guys who have been in the band for what? a couple days? Yeah Stacey didn't know all the songs & Rich was trying to show him how to play them as they were playing them but when it can time to solo he ripped it up. Give them time & they might be just as good as they were before w/ Ford, even now their better then most bands out there. When etree gets back up download the show & give a honest listen, it might surprise you. Don't sell your tickets just yet!

I hope to grab this one:

1361. August 13, 2006 - Fox Theater - Boulder, CO..............................Sun

She, My Hearts Killing Me, Wyoming And Me, Girl From The North Country, Peace Anyway, Cold Boy Smile, Oh The Rain, Darling Of The Underground Press, This Is The Way, Pardon My Heart*, Thorn In My Pride, Cut From The Shadow, Miracle To Me, Lost My Drivin' Wheel^, Spider In The Sugar Bowl Blues

e1: Polly, You Don't Miss Your Water^

e2: Loser

Saw them Saturday night and they were in fine form.

There's no reason to not see this band

Stacy still seems lost in spots...did he tour w/Chris and New Earth Mud? I saw that tour and can't recall.

The brothers seemed in good spirits. lots of smiles back and forth...Chris had his freak on. Good show.

I hope to grab this one:

1361. August 13, 2006 - Fox Theater - Boulder, CO..............................Sun

She, My Hearts Killing Me, Wyoming And Me, Girl From The North Country, Peace Anyway, Cold Boy Smile, Oh The Rain, Darling Of The Underground Press, This Is The Way, Pardon My Heart*, Thorn In My Pride, Cut From The Shadow, Miracle To Me, Lost My Drivin' Wheel^, Spider In The Sugar Bowl Blues

e1: Polly, You Don't Miss Your Water^

e2: Loser

is that a Rich/Chris acoustic show?

I got this one yesterday:

The Black Crowes Live from the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Denver, CO on 08/12/06

Disc 1:

1 Waiting Guilty

2 Hotel Illness

3 Gone

4 A Conspiracy

5 Cursed Diamond

6 Magic Rooster Blues

7 Ain't No More Cane On The Brazos

8 Ballad In Urgency

9 Wiser Time

10 It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry

Disc 2:

1 Share The Ride

2 LA

3 Twice As Hard

4 Soul Singing

5 Nonfiction

6 Remedy

I noticed the dude who runs the BC board was looking for an invite to that one place - so I am now a bit nervous about grabbing BS shows from there.

nope.. just had a friend that hooked me up with Chris and a few others the day before a show.. Chris was an amazing guy.. very open etc.. so really dont want to go into detail if you see where im coming from

That's cool.

Just saw this:

Former Widespread Panic guitarist in talks with Black Crowes

Monday, September 11, 2006

By Anthony Blazer (ablazer@jamtunes.com)

Former Widespread Panic guitarist George McConnell has spent the last few days in discussion with Angelus Entertainment, the managing company for the southern rock band the Black Crowes, about joining the band as their lead guitarist. McConnell, currently residing in Mississippi after opting to leave Widespread Panic in early August, flew out to Los Angeles last Friday to meet with Angelus Entertainment representative Peter Angelus at the firm's Beverly Hills-based offices. Angelus could not be reached for comment, but a source within the firm has said that talks with McConnell went "extremely well" and that he is "confident a deal will be reached this week suitable to both parties".

McConnell would be replacing guitarist Marc Ford, whose attorney informed the band via fax two days before the start of the fall tour on September 7 that he was immediately terminating his agreement with The Black Crowes. This is not the first time Ford has left the band abruptly. He replaced original Crowes guitarist Jeff Cease in 1992 right before the band released their multi-platinum album The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion. Ford was fired immediately following the Further Tour in the summer of 1997. He rejoined the band in early 2005.

McConnell could also not be reached for comment regarding this situation, but a source within his representation agency has confirmed that he did visit Los Angeles last week to discuss his immediate future.

I'm still hoping the George Mc Connell rumor will come true, I got to see George play numerous times with the Kudzu Kings here in MS, he would definatly fit their style and is a great, down to earth guy. I never did get to see him play with WSP, but have tix to an upcoming show with Jimmy Herring as guitarist!

I'll probably re-up a Kudzu Kings album tonight at the Palace. If interested be on the look-out for it.