Post a picture of yourself

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know - I was actually joking with you and you got all serious. I am under orders to not fight with anyone on here - so that it what I have to do to stay. Those who I have a problem with - well - thier day will come.

Did you see the one with the cat?

yes. it was what brought me back to the board...

I don't know - I was actually joking with you and you got all serious. I am under orders to not fight with anyone on here - so that it what I have to do to stay. Those who I have a problem with - well - thier day will come.

Did I really get all serious? I'm not sure I did. I thought we were riffing.

Here's a tip, dude: This is the internets. Assume most people are joking, and stop taking everything so seriously. You'll e-sleep better.

riffing? is that like huffing but hipper?

I dunno. I thought it was when two people go back and forth in a joking manner.

Some sources explain "riff" as an abbreviation for "rhythmic figure", however, the musical use of the term derives from its use in comedy where a riff is a short clever remark on a subject. Thus riffing on a melody or progression as one would riff on a subject by extending a singular thought, idea or inspiration into a "bit", or "routine".

You ain't old enough to breathe around me, let alone tell me what to do.

I was actually joking with you and you got all serious.

Slovakian/Peurto Rican

Thus the western Pa. connection. My friend Lissa's family is all from Latrobe, and she's half Slovakian, half WASP. (And hotter than July!) No, wait, she's half Czech. But a lot of people from teh poorly-run Austo-Hungarian Empire ended up in that part of the world, as apparently working in the mines was a step up from dirt farming.

Thus the western Pa. connection. My friend Lissa's family is all from Latrobe, and she's half Slovakian, half WASP. (And hotter than July!)

Yep. My mom went to college in Latrobe (she's the Peurto Rican), and my dad's family is slovakian.

Thus the western Pa. connection. My friend Lissa's family is all from Latrobe, and she's half Slovakian, half WASP. (And hotter than July!) No, wait, she's half Czech. But a lot of people from teh poorly-run Austo-Hungarian Empire ended up in that part of the world, as apparently working in the mines was a step up from dirt farming.

The mines or the steel mills. Which are, of course pronounced "stillmill" in that area.

The mines or the steel mills. Which are, of course pronounced "stillmill" in that area.

Yes. Lissa's dad gave me a tutorial once on how to properly pronounce the name of the football team.

Yes. Lissa's dad gave me a tutorial once on how to properly pronounce the name of the football team.

Yeah, I've spent so much time in Pittsburgh that I now know all of their colloquialisms and what not.

"Y'ins gonna go down and watch the stillers, 'n'at?"

Interesting. I guess the guy was trying to make a joke...not a very funny one, I must say. I never thought that publication of a formal wedding pic would invite insults, but I guess that's the internets for ya.

Yeah, I thought that was a little innapropriate.