Pole  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is this?

• A RTT

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LONDON (Reuters) - Surgeons in China who said they performed the first successful penis transplant had to remove the donated organ because of the severe psychological problems it caused to the recipient and his wife.

Dr Weilie Hu and surgeons at Guangzhou General Hospital in China performed the complex 15-hour surgery on a 44-year old man whose penis had been damaged in a traumatic accident.

The microsurgery to attach the penis, which had been donated by the parents of a 22-year-old brain-dead man, was successful but Hu and his team removed it two weeks later.

"Because of a severe psychological problem of the recipient and his wife, the transplanted penis regretfully had to be cut off," Hu said in a report published online by the peer reviewed journal European Urology, without elaborating.

"This is the first reported case of penile transplantation in a human," Hu added.

Both the man and his wife had requested the surgery. He had been unable to have intercourse or urinate properly since the accident that occurred 8 months before the surgery was performed.

Ten days after the operation, which had been approved by the hospital's medical ethical committee, the recipient had been able to urinate.

There had been no signs of the 10-centimetre (4-inch) organ being rejected by the recipient's body. But Hu said more cases and longer observation are needed to determine whether sexual sensation and function can be restored.

"The patient finally decided to give up the treatment because of the wife's psychological rejection, as well as the swollen shape of the transplanted penis" Hu added.

you were missed this evening! just thought i'd tell you.

:cheers i saw nurfherder at the g.s. show here. i told him he should try to meet you on his visit to chicago.

i was considering going to chicago at thanksgiving to see my morning jacket, then realized i'd be travelling at thanksgiving. :ermm don't know that i'm that hardcore.

I AM DONE WITH WORK FOR TONIGHT!

tune in tomorrow morning at 7:30 for more of "ms. yvon's workday jamboree!"

according to EPA regulations there can't be more than a half-inch of dirt on top of snow banks located on the tundra.

And...uh...hypothetically what happens when one violates this :ermm I mean hypothetically I wouldn't want to have to go out and buy a shovel if I hypothetically wasn't going to get in very much trouble...

And...uh...hypothetically what happens when one violates this :ermm I mean hypothetically I wouldn't want to have to go out and buy a shovel if I hypothetically wasn't going to get in very much trouble...

the fine is in the thousands. dollars, that is.

i spent three days shoveling dirt off the top of snow this summer.

wow stories about the arctic can really shut down a place

Or everybody just went to bed.

One time I spent a day digging a 6 ft. deep trench to lay water pipes at a habitat for humanity site. Pretty hard work. Then a bunch of guys from a drug treatment program came in and totally showed up my weak shoveling skills.

One time I spent a day digging a 6 ft. deep trench to lay water pipes at a habitat for humanity site. Pretty hard work. Then a bunch of guys from a drug treatment program came in and totally showed up my weak shoveling skills.

haha... i spent a lot of time with a shovel over the summer. but i also got to use some pretty sweet equipment, such as the mud dog... i don't know if i posted this photo here or not but here it is:

1050013617_l.jpg

that was the mud dog i operated for a lot of the summer. that bad boy is rigged up with a high pressure vacuum and a high pressure hose.

Or everybody just went to bed

Or it takes alot of time to weed thru 15 pages of RTT...

I'm effing busy! And sober!

Sober :dontgetit Deadlines? What would Hunter do??

Kick the shit out of a candy machine and get fired.

Kick the shit out of a candy machine and get fired.

Freelance has it's ups & downs too,I suppose.