My Morning Jacket- OkOnOkOs

Oh its Twin Peaks alright. :thumbup

I've found that people by and large just love that flick or hate it.

I've lost count how many times I've watched it.

"this is a formica table"

"I'm as blank, as a fart"

check this out:

MP3s

I absolutely love this album! Everything from Wordless Chorus, Gideon, Golden, Dondante, Holiday, etc. GET IT. This is an alubm you can put on anytime of the day and enjoy. I do have to admit that I like the version of Dondante better from Bonarroo 06 but whatever the case, this disc rocks and has been one of the only discs played in my car for the last week. Can't wait to see them in the second row at the Ryman! And the Tabernacle in the ATL of course....

meg

I think I may be the only one disappointed by it. :hmm

My intro to the band was them opening for Wilco in Louisville last year and I didn't like them at all, but I took a chance earlier this year and purchased Z and It Still Moves. I find myself listening to Z much more and was looking forward to this release but...

His voice seems very weak live. I do like how some of the songs vary from the album versions, but most of the Z material is straight from the record, nearly note-by-note.

It's still a decent album: don't get me wrong. But in an age where even bands who don't warrant a live album put one out, this one is a middle-of-the-road release. It doesn't really stand out.

I think I may be the only one disappointed by it. :hmm

My intro to the band was them opening for Wilco in Louisville last year and I didn't like them at all, but I took a chance earlier this year and purchased Z and It Still Moves. I find myself listening to Z much more and was looking forward to this release but...

His voice seems very weak live. I do like how some of the songs vary from the album versions, but most of the Z material is straight from the record, nearly note-by-note.

It's still a decent album: don't get me wrong. But in an age where even bands who don't warrant a live album put one out, this one is a middle-of-the-road release. It doesn't really stand out.

Jim James was suffering from respiratory problems at the time of this show and after a few more dates was laid up with pneumonia for a couple of months, forcing them to postpone several shows and a European tour. His voice is not at it's strongest here. If you question whether the guy can sing live, you should try Acoustic Citsuoca, a stripped down record that has Jim's voice laid out there for all to hear. If you still think his voice is weak after listening to that, then I just don't know what to do with ya'. :D

who's seeing them at the Riviera in november with me, baby?!

I think there might just be a lot of cats in the Loop that night for some strange odd reason.

Milwaukee mmj show is the way to go to leave room for wilco :music Damn skippy I cant wait for Thanksgiving this year. :yes

Milwaukee mmj show is the way to go to leave room for wilco :music Damn skippy I cant wait for Thanksgiving this year. :yes

I'm with you. Already took my days off

MMJ milwaukee -> Bucks game -> Thanksgiving -> Wilco -> Wilco

:dancing

I'm with you. Already took my days off

MMJ milwaukee -> Bucks game -> Thanksgiving -> Wilco -> Wilco

:dancing

Wow, nice week you have stacked up there Mardog! I will be at the MMJ Riviera show. I'm glad I saw Wilco at the Auditorium last time around so I don't feel like I'm missing out. I'll be asking for advice about the Riv as the show gets closer, as I've never been there. Like, what's the best place to stand and drink close to stage and also have easy access to restrooms, etc., etc.

i haven't noticed. a friend of mine is a recording mixer. he told me that he often mixes the lead guitar heavier in the left speaker in the temp mixes b/c the clients will listen to the mixes in their car. when they hear the guitar high in the mix, they are happy. :lol