Official: "I hate Dane Cook" thread

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't love, but like Jim Carrey just fine, but yeah...Reynolds is annoying.

Jim Carrey's old stand up was great, and I love his stuff from In Living Color, but the only film of his I like is the Cable Guy.

I find anti-Dane-Cook-ism to be annoying. Cook doesn't annoy me at all, and "Harmful if Swallowed" is pretty damn funny. He is more of the funny guy at a party than a comedic talent, seeing how his material is conversational pieces delivered with tons of energy. Sometimes it's funny. I wish people wouldn't think so much about "should i like this?" and maybe instead laugh? And I wish that people who disliked him would shut up about him, i'm not talking about here on the internets, but the only people who seem to talk about Dane Cook are those who hate him, and they always have plenty to say.

so you're saying I should force myself to watch something I don't find the least bit funny, and laugh at at it anyway?

i don't think any of my words come close to that. what i'm saying is, should you be listening to Dane Cook, or any comedian, loosen up.

I don't think I'm being uptight. is it really that hard to swallow that some people might not find what you like, funny? there're plenty of Comedians that I go crazy over, I'm talking def comedy jam fallin out of my chair laughter, Dane Cook doesn't come close though.

i don't think any of my words come close to that. what i'm saying is, should you be listening to Dane Cook, or any comedian, loosen up.

ok, I was confused, because you used you and loosen up here, it made me think you were reffering to me.

well this is making me laugh, i never said you were uptight,

But not you, I have no doubts that your annoyance with Cook or your comedic tastes are legit.

He just has this "holier than thou" tone of voice that pisses me off.

That's how I feel about Jon Stewart--he's smart and funny, yes, but every line is delivered as if he thinks it's the wittiest damn thing ever uttered.

That's how I feel about Beltmann--he's smart and funny, yes, but every line is delivered as if he thinks it's the wittiest damn thing ever posted.

That's how I feel about ction--he's smart and funny, yes, but every line is delivered as if he thinks it's the wittiest damn thing ever posted.