Official: "I hate Dane Cook" thread

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm with b2 here, i think dane cook is pretty funny... i didn't see snl last night, but in general i think he's a good comedian. however, i do think snl seems to find a way to bring the worst out of people for the last six years at least.

Dane Cook has amused my inner teenager from time to time.

some of the best skits of all time have come out of the last 8-10 years. Cowbell anyone?

some good stuff, for sure (Will Ferrell, Darrell Hammond and Tim Meadows were always gold) but for the most part the show and cast have been terrible since 1994.

some good stuff, for sure (Will Ferrell, Darrell Hammond and Tim Meadows were always gold) but for the most part the show and cast have been terrible since 1994.

unfortunately, i agree. However, as I mentioned, that doesn't stop me from taping it each week so that my disappointment continues indefinitely.

I thought the TSA skit on SNL last night was funny. Sometimes I think Dane Cook is funny too! :o

Kris, when U and I saw Greg Proops last month he made some comment about appreciating Dane Cook because date rapists need a comedian, too. Which comedian is higher on your hate list?

Kris, when U and I saw Greg Proops last month he made some comment about appreciating Dane Cook because date rapists need a comedian, too. Which comedian is higher on your hate list?

wow. Brianne, you've given me something to think about. :cheers

I think being so popular with frat boys and frat-boys-in-waiting has made him very unpopular in the circles where the above groups are seen as the most contemptible form of human life.

My entire familiarity with Dane Cook derives from the two times he's hosted SNL. I don't know anything about the frat-boy baggage he carries, but I thought he was fairly sharp and likable the first time he hosted. This week, though, was the complete reverse: The monologue was mediocre at best (no rogue peanuts to save the day), and he added virtually nothing to the sketches.