Architecture In Helsinki

Saw these guys open for Clap Your Hands Say Yeah last night - they were amazing! There were six of them (7 for a couple of songs) and they each played at minimum two different instruments during their set. Most of them played more like 5, 6 or 7 instruments... :rock

They had a trombone and lots and lots of percussion, including what we think was some sort of drum machine. They definitely raised the roof. Lots and lots of fun. I'd love to check out their albums, has anyone heard their studio stuff?

Architecture In Helsinki

I liked them the first time I heard them. I got sick of them reeeeeal fast once it started sounding more and more like childrens music and once I realized that they stand for everything I hate in indie rock trends (see: the song "It's 5!"). How was CYHSY? Did they play new stuff?

hmm... i wouldn't say that at all really...

I have no idea I have never heard them. She just said it was dancey electronic stuff. I assume she meant stuff like OK GO or that kind of bullshit. She likes really bad music for the most part so I didn't take her word for it when she said they were good

I got invited to see them for free tonight but declined after I was told it was electronic dancey type music. the kind of music I hate very most.

Honestly, based on the first song they played I thought they were going to be very "electronic dance" too... and I geared myself up for not liking them (I don't like it either... :lol ) but even starting from such low expectations, I ended up loving them.

CYHSY, i do not like at all.

:brow :no

:lol

I saw AiH open for CYHSY recently in Central Park and cried for their entire set. I have seen some pretty bad opening bands in my life, but this one may have taken the cake. To each his/her own, I suppose, but this band just is not my style.

The only saving grace in my mind was that I felt a strong sense that they were doing something different -- something that wasnt anything close to cookie cutter. But that alone doesnt do it for me.

FWIW, CYHSY were terrible too. And I love CYHSY.