New song question

Original. On setlists it's been What Light, but who knows what the title will end up as.

could be that sky blue sky song thatw as mentioned in the Q article. wouldnt surprise me if the chorus lyrics change if it ends up on the album

"there's a sky, blue sky. there's a sky"..... ect

could be that sky blue sky song thatw as mentioned in the Q article. wouldnt surprise me if the chorus lyrics change if it ends up on the album

"there's a sky, blue sky. there's a sky"..... ect

I think 'Sky Blue Sky ' is what's being called 'Lullaby for Raftersv and Beams' from the Zamboni Man soundtrack.

And I agree with a previous post - 'What Light' and several of the newsongs have a 'Cahoots/Rock of Ages' period Band feel to them.

Damn! I was hoping Jeff would do a Rocky Horror cover!

Actually, I could picture him doing a mean "Hot Patootie."

Rocky Horror was my first thought as well...it being Halloween season and all.

"Toucha, toucha, toucha, touch me, I wanna be dirrrty..." The JT solo version?

A possibility?

No?

Oh, okay. :ermm

Thanks. Man...it sounds like a classic song from The Band or something. Great tune.

i thought the same thing. richard manuel on lead vocals with levon filling in and rick hitting the high harmony. thanks the gods that wilco is there to be THE band of this generation. (at least mine) oh my god, what a terrible unintentional pun. sorry for that.

it sounds like a classic song from The Band or something.

Oh no you di'n't.

You take that back right now.

Wilco at their best sound like The Band. This... well, no. Sorry. I don't often drag out recordings of this dud, but I still can't listen to that line about "digging your bag" or whatever without grimacing as if in terrible pain. Which I'm in when I listen to this song, sort of.

The song kind of reminds me of the style Trail of Dead have been going for lately (which baffles me, but I dunno what I would do either after recording 2 records that they probably will never top...though Tweedy and company sure seem to know how to handle making masterpiece after masterpiece). It's a catchy song though, I like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please please!! re-post a good sounding version of the full band doing this song. I had it burned from a show I downloaded but can't find it and I'm trying to put all wilco's new songs on one cd. This is the only one I' am missing. So if someone would be kind enough to post it here that would be great, Thanks in advance.

i thought the same thing. richard manuel on lead vocals with levon filling in and rick hitting the high harmony. thanks the gods that wilco is there to be THE band of this generation. (at least mine) oh my god, what a terrible unintentional pun. sorry for that.

IT's great to see so many fans of "The Band" Terrific band they were, truly fantastic, and if Wilco is to be "the band" of This Generation, they certainly fill those shoes, matter of fact I don't know if "the Bands" shoes can really sustain the Might of Wilco anymore...I Just don't think they can

IT's great to see so many fans of "The Band" Terrific band they were, truly fantastic, and if Wilco is to be "the band" of This Generation, they certainly fill those shoes, matter of fact I don't know if "the Bands" shoes can really sustain the Might of Wilco anymore...I Just don't think they can

you can say that again