Old Crow Medicine Show

The wife and I caught Old Crow Medicine Show last night at First Ave. It was a stompin' good time :dancing - they are so much fun and energetic live. The fiddle player went through at least 2 bows and at the end of the show he threw it into the crowd.

Anyway, they are playing on Conan tonight - don't know which song, but you may want to set a tape (o TiVo). Just a heads up!

A good friend of mine raves on these guys.I'll be checkin' it out,thanks for the heads up.

Right up your alley, Scott. A varied version of Minglewood on the new one (along with The Cocaine Song), and a nice cover of C.C. Rider on their last one.

Also, I stand corrcted, they have more than 2 albums out.

They are great live. You need to catch on tour with Gillian Welch and David Rawlings. The first time I saw them was the best. David played to whole set with them, which was an amazing experience. Seemed like the corwd enjoyed thier set more than the one Gillian put on. I've seen them at least 3-4 times and they haven't topped the first time although the second time was amazing. They just kept on playing and playing (almost 3 hours).

I caught them here in Roanoke the other weekend, and it being Roanoke and all they had a great time. THey apologised for rhyming the name of our town with toke. Everyone screamed with approval that they didnt mind one bit. It was great all the kids wanted to dance and a couple old fogies wouldnt have it so security got involved. Finally the band got upset over this and made sure that all the kids could dance. I will put up a you send it of my interview with ketch, the violin player and lead singer, from my radio show if anyone wants it. They were all toether a great show, rocking, great lyrics and even better harmonies. Who knew playing acoustic with mics could rawk so hard.

If anyone sees this show up on Youtube or anything make sure to post it. Or if anyone has the file. The only night I decide to not watch Conan this week they have to be on =(

Edit: I just got it on Bittorrent. Wow. That was a great performance.

Roanoke. Awesome. Lived there for 8 years. Where'd you catch 'em? Ever been to my buddy's bookstore, Cantos?

Roanoke is my in law city - been going there for 20 yrs and love it, great town

saw Old Crow before our boys at Tall Stacks; great time and great musicians!!!

I did watch Conan,and I dug :music I was asking a friend of mine who lives in S.Carolina (Isle of Palms) if he'd ever listened to them,and he sez "hell yes,they played at my bar (Bert's) a couple of years ago & they're great folks!"

Here is what is left of their small fall tour:

November 2006

Wednesday 15 | Music Mill, Indianapolis, IN - more info

Thursday 16 | Liberty Hall, Lawrence, KS - more info

Friday 17 | Mississippi Nights, St. Louis, MO - more info

Saturday 18 | New Daisy Theatre, Memphis, TN - more info

December 2006

Thursday 7 | City Hall, Nashville, TN - more info

Friday 8 | Louisville Palace Theatre, Louisville, KY - more info

I did watch Conan,and I dug :music I was asking a friend of mine who lives in S.Carolina (Isle of Palms) if he'd ever listened to them,and he sez "hell yes,they played at my bar (Bert's) a couple of years ago & they're great folks!"

I think they're alright, definitely a sound of their own, but a full show of that is quite long and, in my opinion, repetitive. They're really talented, but they have one shtick and, while they do it well, I don't feel it holds weight after a certain point. Kind of a one-trick pony in other words. I found it kinda painful having to sit through that at Tall Stacks after Rhett's awesome set and before Wilco's usually great stuff.

I dig one song at a time, but you couldn't pay me to sit through one of their shows. But hey, that's why we're all different and the world is an interesting place: to each his own.

They're really talented, but they have one shtick and, while they do it well, I don't feel it holds weight after a certain point. Kind of a one-trick pony in other words. I

If you listen to their songwriting it has some great lines. one stand out is "Hurry up and wait, don