Rod Stewart and/or Faces

Putting together a Christmas wish list for family, and was curious what you all thought is Stewart's career shining moment?

(Thanks).

This boxset contain's everything you'd want from Rod Stewart's solo career: Reason To Believe All the album's on in the boxset are incredibly good (his first 5 solo albums). If that is a bit too much money (which it isn't when you think about the amount of music you get), then Every Picture Tells A Story is generally seen as the best of his solo albums.

If you want something by The Faces, I'd actually suggest getting a best of cd like this: Good Boys When They're Asleep unless you want to get all their albums. They never really made a great album in my eyes, others may disagree (Nod's As Good As A Wink is the only one that really comes close).

This boxset contain's everything you'd want from Rod Stewart's solo career: Reason To Believe All the album's on in the boxset are incredibly good (his first 5 solo albums). If that is a bit too much money (which it isn't when you think about the amount of music you get), then Every Picture Tells A Story is generally seen as the best of his solo albums.

If you want something by The Faces, I'd actually suggest getting a best of cd like this: Good Boys When They're Asleep unless you want to get all their albums. They never really made a great album in my eyes, others may disagree (Nod's As Good As A Wink is the only one that really comes close).

They would certainly be the ones I'd recommend too. The Faces boxset is amazing but quite over powering for a new fan I think. Good Boys When They're Asleep on the other hand is a great career overview that takes the best songs from each album. While your at it though - get some Small Faces too. IMO a much superior band.

If you wanted Faces studio albums id say A Nod Is As Good As A Wink, Ooh La La and First Step are the essentials. Long Player is a bit shit.

There is so much talk about how great vinyl records are and let's be honest, Rod sold a ton of albums in his heyday on Mercury, so don't bother with the CD set and go seek out the original releases. They can't be that hard to find.

LouieB

My pride and joy from my vinyl collection is an original pressing of First Step labeled as Small Faces that I got signed by Ian MacLagan a few years back.

Well that's how I like things done too, but some people like surprises I guess. With my family my surprises tend to be "Fuck how could you get it that wrong" kind of surprises, but surprises none-the-less.
I know that feeling.... :lol

LouieB

My pride and joy from my vinyl collection is an original pressing of First Step labeled as Small Faces that I got signed by Ian MacLagan a few years back.

In some ways, that is my favorite album of thiers.

I have an email fom Mac.

If I did not already own all the Rod cds, I would get this.

The Faces cds are suppose to be coming out re-mastered with bonus tracks - although, I have not heard anything about this for a while now.

There is a new Ronnie Lane anthology: out now.

I have one called Ain't No One Like - that sounds like crap pretty much.

The Faces were a fabulous band,but don't forget the Jeff Beck Group either.Hell,Ronnie Wood,pianist extrodinaire Nicky Hopkins...if that band would have stayed together they could have rivaled the mighty Zep. :rock Beck-Ola is essential imo.

The Faces were a fabulous band,but don't forget the Jeff Beck Group either.Hell,Ronnie Wood,pianist extrodinaire Nicky Hopkins...if that band would have stayed together they could have rivaled the mighty Zep. :rock Beck-Ola is essential imo.

True, awesome band...but I'd take Truth over Beck-Ola.