The Police may reunite in 2007

I can not believe this might happen! If it does I hope the Police will have European dates in early July when I will be already across the Atlantic Ocean.

Either way here's hoping for a huge World Tour from Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland.

Tim

From www.dailymail.co.uk

Police fans may soon be walking on the moon again

By JAMES TAPPER, Mail on Sunday

Last updated at 21:25pm on 30th December 2006

Sting is in talks to re-form The Police and tour with the group - 30 years after they were formed.

The band, who rank alongside The Rolling Stones and The Beatles among the greats of rock, are considering playing a series of dates in the UK next summer.

Consisting of Sting on bass and vocals, drummer Stewart Copeland and guitarist Andy Summers, the group have been in discussions for months.

They became one of the biggest bands of the Eighties with hits including Walking On The Moon, Every Breath You Take, Don't Stand So Close To Me and Message In A Bottle.

News that they are re-forming will surprise fans as Sting, 55, has always resolutely opposed the move in the past.

Sources say rehearsals have been pencilled in to take place before Sting begins the February leg of his latest European tour and after Copeland has finished his stint as a judge in the BBC celebrity duet show Just The Two Of Us.

The record label, A&M, is believed to be planning a special anniversary release in June and the tour dates would coincide with that.

A source said: 'They were intending to announce it in January after all the tour dates had been finalised.

'They are speaking to venues about booking dates in May and June. Everyone who knows about it is incredibly excited because they were a legendary band.'

A spokeswoman for A&M confirmed discussions had taken place but denied there were any firm dates for concerts.

She said: 'Next year is the 30th anniversary of the release of Roxanne, the first Police single. It is our intention to mark the anniversary by doing something special with the band's catalogue of songs.

'Needless to say, everyone is hopeful the band will support our plans and while early discussions have taken place, nothing has been decided.'

Miles Copeland, the former manager of The Police and brother of Stewart, said: 'It's the 30th anniversary and there has been mention of this for some time, but I can't comment.'

Stewart formed The Police in 1977 with Sting. Miles recognised the power of their blend of pop, punk and reggae and got them a record deal when he heard Roxanne, the first of many worldwide hits.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never saw them live, but from the footage and recordings I've heard, they never seemed like that great of a live band. I'd be interested in a new record, maybe, but I doubt I'd pay top dollar to see them play.

One of the few bands I actually got into that existed during my teenage years.

Synchronicity (1983)

Synchronicyiy

Walking In Your Foosteps

O My God

Mother

Miss Gradenko

Synchronicity II

Every Breath You Take

King Of Pain

Wrapped Around Your Finger

Tea In The Sahara

Murder By Numbers

Ghost In The Machine (1981)

Spirits In The Material World

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic

Invisible Sun

Hungry For You (J'aurais Toujours Faim De Toi)

Demolition Man

Too Much Information

Rehumanize Yourself

One World (Not Three)

Omegaman

Secret Journey

Zenyatta Mondatta (1980)

Don't Stand So Close To Me

Driven To Tears

When The World Is Running Down, You Make The Best Of What's Still Around

Canary In A Coalmine

Voices Inside My Head

Bombs Away

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

Behind My Camel

Man In A Suitcase

Shadows In The Rain

Regatta De Blanc (1979)

Message In A Bottle

Regatta De Blanc

It's Alright For You

Bring On The Night

Deathwish

Walking On The Moon

On Any Other Day

The Bed's Too Big Without You

Contact

Does Everyone Stare

No Time This Time

Outlandos D'Amour (1978)

Next To You

So Lonely

Roxanne

Hole In My Life

Peanuts

Can't Stand Losing You

Truth Hits Everybody

Born In The '50s

Be My Girl - Sally

Masoko Tanga

i think they'd sound great if they got back together and played. great musicians and Sting's still got his voice.... i saw them on the Synchronicity tour and it was fantastic....

Did they have those cool Mad Max costumes on?

I saw them way back when they played The Forum in LA. Our seats were just a bit higher than stage level to the side and behind, but these 3 guys put on an astounding show IMO (I truly was blown away by that show). It was just 3 people and sounded like 5.

I will definitely be interested to see them again. Certainly there are reasons why some people will dis this. I sure don't agree with the Beatles and Stones comparison at all, but I think they'll fill some pretty big arenas.

And yes, bring on the old people jokes, they're hilarious! :lol

I caught them in New Haven in 1982 and remember it as a pretty decent show, though being a bit disappointed at some of the arrangements of the tunes, as well as the brevity given to some of their songs. Their first three albums hold up very well, IMO, and to a lesser degree so does Ghost In the Machine. Never liked Synchronicity, even though it's often the critics' favorite.

They've got a great body of work and I'd like to catch them (original lineup, of course) at a theater show but wouldn't go to a large venue.

They've got a great body of work and I'd like to catch them (original lineup, of course) at a theater show but wouldn't go to a large venue.

My thoughts exactly.

There aren't many bands for whom I'll break down and go to a large arena (or stadium) show. I've been to exactly one of those in the past eight or nine years (CSNY) and I probably wouldn't have gone to that if it weren't such a good ticket (second row, thanks Wendy!). As much as I love the first three Police albums, I doubt I'll be seeing them anywhere that a sports team plays.

I used to watch the Synchronicity tour video they released. Seemed like a good time. My sister saw them at the Boston Garden, with the Go-Go's opening.

Go-Go's opened at the show I caught, as well. They were, of course, huge at the time.

One of the few bands I actually got into that existed during my teenage years.

Outlandos D'Amour (1978)

Next To You

So Lonely

Roxanne

Hole In My Life

Peanuts

Can't Stand Losing You

Truth Hits Everybody

Born In The '50s

Be My Girl - Sally

Masoko Tanga

ahem....

not only one of the best songs on the record, and one of the Police's best songs, but one of my favorite songs of all time :music

Anyone seen the video thing Stewart made?

I bought it for my Dad for Christmas and caught some of it, looked intriguing that's for sure.

If they played a 1/2 decent venue I think my Dad would expect me to go with him to see them :) should be good though, as long as Sting can keep his ego in check...

Though, Copeland, who's on some reality TV show on the Beeb at the moment as a judge, has gone to look very old...