Jeff talked about the new album tonight in Nashville

Okay heres where I get nit picky: the pitchfork blurb has a link to a stream of The Thanks I Get and says it is off the upcoming album. The link is to Tweedy's solo version from the DVD. Can we trust Pitchfork actually knows the confirmed tracklist? It has been a matter of uncertainty as to weather that tasty soulful pop of ..thanks I get, will actually be featured on the album. If you care about this please commence the debate. If you dont: I am sorry, I am just a little too excited for this album.

pitchfork knows everything, just ask them.

:rolleyes

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from WILCO WEB

The band are in the final stretch on the new record, which they're calling "Sky Blue Sky". It's scheduled for worldwide release (Nonesuch Records) on 15 May. Some of the 18+ plus tracks recorded and being considered for inclusion are "Impossible Germany", "Shake it Off", "Glad it's Over", "Side with the Seeds", "Walken" and "Either Way". Watch this space for more updates and maybe even some music soon(ish). Oh, and per the press release, it's the first studio record with the sextet lineup that was heard on the 2-cd live set Kicking Television.

A really good music critic from the KC Star, Timothy Finn, has a music blog.

His new headline talks about the Decemberists new concert dates and mentions that Wilco's new album will be called Sky Blue Sky.

So I posted a reply. Then he replied back.

Here's what was said:

The Decemberists have posted their 2007 tour at MySpace and we are on it. The band will stop at the Uptown Theater on April 21.

And according to Pitchfork, WIlco has figured out when its new album will be released: "Sky Blue Sky" is due in stores on May 15. You can stream a cut from the album at the Pitchfork link.

| Timothy Finn, The Star

(My comment:)

Love The Decemberists' "Crane Wife".

Will be a great show.

Heard any of Wilco's new tunes (they've played a bunch in live shows)?

Lyrics are much more hopeful.

The title track is beautiful...as are many others, including "Either Way" (played in KC last Spring) and "Side With the Seeds".

Posted by: jakob | January 19, 2007 at 04:06 PM

Saw the Decembrists at the Granada last year. Very good show. Like them live more than on CD.

Have not heard new Wilco, but I know someone who has (someone who knows Tweedy from Uncle T. days) and he says the new album is superb.

Posted by: Tim Finn | January 19, 2007 at 11:12 PM

http://backtorockville.typepad.com/

Thought I'd help by making a list of the new Wilco songs that we heard about and that might be on the new record Hope I got them all: :D

1. Walken

2. Sky Blue Sky

3. Please be Paitent with Me

4. Either Way

5. Impossible Germany

6. What Light

7. Side With the Seeds

8. Shake it Off

9. Let's Not GetCarried Away

10. You Are My Face *

11. Glad it's Over *

12. Let's Fight

13. On and On and On

The Thanks I get (I guess we know now this one will not be on the album, right?)

* Not played Live Yet