Jeff talked about the new album tonight in Nashville

Wasn't SBS also known as "Lullaby for Rafters and Beams" at one point?

If they're the same song, then here's a link:

YSI link

If they're different songs, then that was a link to another new song called "Lullaby for Rafters and Beams" with the phrase "sky blue sky" repeated several times, in the lyrics. :shifty

They appear to be the same song -- Jeff referred to that song in question as "Sky Blue Sky" last night (or should it be "Sky-Blue Sky"?). Glenn indeed played it with him. By the way, Glenn was amazing. I was only able to catch the last three or four songs he played solo, but it was impressive.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/Tw...ease_Date#40574

apparently, it's actually called "Blue Sky Blue," but maybe that's wrong as well.

:lol Actually, Pitchfork refers to the album as both "Blue Sky Blue" and "Sky Blue Sky" in that post (see link to audio stream at the bottom). So I'm still not sure what the damn thing will actually be called.

my moneys on Tweedy, i reckon he's scrappy

you'd be right on that assumption...last night in nashville he told a guy he wanted to fight him. he then showed us how he would do it (a la the youtube video with the twist/chop/boot).

pretty comical.

by the way, sky blue sky is the name, according to jeff tweedy; he told the audience last night. now, i'm not a bettin' man, but i'd bet the tweedster knows what he's gonna name an album.

Blue Sky Blues is a Ryan Adams song though, i can sense a fight!

my moneys on Tweedy, i reckon he's scrappy

Yeah, but Ryan Adams is crazy.

Nevertheless, after the way Jeff manhandled that dumbass who jumped on the stage last fall, I still might go with Jeff.

From Pitchfork:

Tweedy Reveals Wilco LP Title, Release Date

Finally, some concrete Wilco album news! According to a tip from Pitchfork reader Collin Brown and later confirmed by Wilco's publicist, last night at a solo show in Nashville, Jeff Tweedy announced that his band's forthcoming record is called Blue Sky Blue and it will be out May 15 via Nonesuch. It will be the band's first studio release since 2004's A Ghost Is Born.

Wilco have also scheduled three Australian dates, and Tweedy will continue to make the solo rounds through the end of the month. For all side project dates, back it up to here and here.

Wilco dates:

04-16 Brisbane, Australia - Tivoli

04-18 Melbourne, Australia - Palais Theatre

04-21 Sydney, Australia - Enmore Theatre

Jeff Tweedy dates:

01-19 Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom

01-20 Dallas, TX - Granada Theater *

01-21 Marfa, TX - Liberty Hall

01-23 Austin, TX - Hogg Auditorium at University of Texas *

01-24 Austin, TX - Hogg Auditorium at University of Texas *

01-26 New Orleans, LA - House of Blues *

01-27 Birmingham, AL - Alabama Theatre *

01-29 Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle *

01-30 Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre

01-31 Charlottesville, VA - Paramount Theater

* with Scott McCaughey

Stream: Wilco: The Thanks I Get [from the forthcoming Sky Blue Sky LP]

Posted by Kati Llewellyn in album, tour on Thu: 01-18-07: 01:38 PM CST | Permalink

Okay heres where I get nit picky: the pitchfork blurb has a link to a stream of The Thanks I Get and says it is off the upcoming album. The link is to Tweedy's solo version from the DVD. Can we trust Pitchfork actually knows the confirmed tracklist? It has been a matter of uncertainty as to weather that tasty soulful pop of ..thanks I get, will actually be featured on the album. If you care about this please commence the debate. If you dont: I am sorry, I am just a little too excited for this album.