Arcade Fire Neon Bible Preorder

I hope its not the orpheum. The sound there is weak. That's not very ambitious in scale at all, either...it holds maybe 200 more people than the Roxy which they sold out last time. Now that was an awesome show.

Oh an ps one show after april nyc or are they being super awesome and playing a one off boston show on the warmup tour?

Thanks for the info. Too bad no Seattle, but oh well. Hopefully they don't shoot for too large of venues. It's been well documented that U2's manager Paul McGuinness, on their first tours of America, purposefully played smaller venues, so they would sell out every show and would create a strong buzz so that the next time around the market would be on fire. That seems like a savvy way to do it.

I listened to Funeral yesterday at work and decided that it really hasn't aged very well. I still enjoy 2-3 songs on it, but the rest seemed average and a few songs seemed horrible. But I always thought at least two songs were pretty bad.

But whatevs. Stille very excited for the new record and the live show is what makes the band in my mind anyway. In fact, I think seeing them live kind of ruined Funeral for me.

besides Backseat and Une, Funeral was pretty unfuckwithable for me.

nothing on Neon Bible so far that remotely touches Wake Up, Rebellion, Tunnels, and probably even Power Out, but pretty sure it'll still be a very worthy/solid follow up

but you're right, the live show is where it's at

nothing on Neon Bible so far that remotely touches Wake Up, Rebellion, Tunnels, and probably even Power Out, but pretty sure it'll still be a very worthy/solid follow up

You nailed the songs I don't like at all and also nailed the songs I love. I guess there are four instead of 2-3.

You know, I used to agree with the previous post. But now I agree with you. Funeral to me is amazing.

:realmad Though I think you underrate Backseat...and you always have

You know, I used to agree with the previous post. But now I agree with you. Funeral to me is amazing.

:realmad Though I think you underrate Backseat...and you always have

it's good as the album closer, and great live, but on it's own, just never been a big fan of the song. plus i don't really enjoy Regine singing lead nearly as much as Win, she's better suited as backing vocals. but at least she's a lot more in key on Neon Bible so far, so that's good :)

I'm sorry. "Backseat" I always find to be quite moving. "Crown of Love" I don't like so much.

i've heard the following songs so far from Neon Bible: "Intervention," "Black Wave...", "Ocean of Noise," "Black Mirror" and "Keep the Car Running." i am not sure how much different "No Cars Go" is from the version that appeared on the EP.

i don't know, maybe it's because its the excitement of hearing something new or because i am getting a little tired of the old songs, but these songs are pretty great and can stand on their own without comparison to Funeral. probably less accessible than the songs you mentioned, and maybe a bit darker in tone, but for me that's a good thing. i can see this album getting better and better with each listen.

and, with the exception of "Black Wave..." regine doesn't sing lead on any of them. that is also a good thing. i am not crazy about her voice.